Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Pedal Noise

Old 08-17-2005, 09:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I could have sworn this problem was addressed before.

Has anyone fixed it? WD40, grease? It seems to be worse during wet days. Weird. I haven't actually gotten under to see where it's coming from.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude i have the same problem...its getting louder it seems as the days go bye.

I could you some help as well with this.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:12 AM

Does it sound like opening an old screen door? laugh.gif

If it's coming from inside the tranny/shift lever and sounds kinda like a rusty spring it's the shift fork bushings. The material they were made out of was crap, Hyundai has a TSB about it. They released new bushings made from a different material. The bushings cost about a buck at your local Hyundai dealer, but you have to pull the tranny to replace them. happysad.gif

Luckily I remembered to do mine when I replaced my clutch. The new bushings + some good grease made the noise go away completely and it has yet to return in years. The clutch pedal also moves smoother and with less effort.

Spraying some WD-40 or other lubricant directly down the shift fork will help, but only lasts a couple days or weeks and you risk lubing up your clutch disc.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

That's inside the tranny. The "creaking" sound I get is from inside the car somewhere on the clutch pedal.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:51 AM

Ahhh...that may be different then. You may want to make sure though. I originally thought my noise was in the pedal as well, because the vibrations kinda travel to the pedal. I'd pop your head under the hood while someone is pressing the clutch pedal just to make sure.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:50 AM

Speedracer - That is exactly what mine sounds like. Great anology. Well i dont see me doing any tranny work anytime soon, so i guess ill just have to live with the "its a Hyundia" sound.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:08 PM

THAT SOUND! ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's almost as annoying as when a fly wakes you up early in the morning after a drinking night when you are camping outdoors!!!

Well I do have the "CRACK" type noise coming from inside the car, I am 90% sure it's directly from the pedal assembly, it feels as if something is moving-rubbing in the pedal assembly.

Anyone?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Like I said, peak your head under the hood while someone pushes the clutch just to be sure. I would have bet money it was the pedal assembly before I found out it was the bushings.

Could be wrong though...just keep your fingers crossed. laugh.gif
Old 08-17-2005, 11:39 PM

Yup, new bushings are the answer. Couple bucks for the parts, couple hundred to put 'em in. smile.gif
Old 08-18-2005, 02:50 PM

Haha wow so that's what that noise is. I don't have the money to fix it, but I have that squeaking INSIDE the transmission too.