Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Not Grabbing Fully.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys - So I got this issue with my clutch ever since I got an aftermarket clutch + fidanzza flywheel.

I can't chirp at all. It just doesn't grab. If I shift at say 6k RPM from 1st to 2nd gear, I get this almost sandpapery sound, kinda like it's vibrating, and it doesn't engage until the RPMs drop. Slipping is one thing, but it's not acting like your typical slip. When it does grab, it holds perfectly.

Currently I have a Fidanzza Flywheel, ClutchNet 6 Puck Carbon Fiber Clutch Plate, OEM Pressure Plate. (Had to get OEM since I was having some trouble with the Stage III Pressure Plate.)

I experienced this same problem with the Stage III Pressure Plate until it blew up on me at 18k miles, and I needed a new clutch plate, cause the material had worn out within that time too. grr!

Anyways, any idea? I'm almost thinking I should go back to the Stock Flywheel instead of the Fidanzza. I'm thinking it might be my main problem. Or maybe just go completely OEM Clutch, Pressure plate, flywheel and stop fooling around with aftermarket. (My stocker lasted 60k miles... way longer than the Stage III.)
Old 02-06-2007, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

did you adjust your clutch pedal?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Not much I can adjust on the clutch, since it doesn't let go until I put my foot down about half way down on the clutch pedal. Unless there is an adjustment that's not fully letting go of the clutch. But last night I had disconnected the hydraulic pump that disengages the clutch and it did not move at all... so it's not under any pressure to keep the clutch engaged.

I did the restricter modification. Helps engage faster, but I still get the slipping.