Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Install Problem...

Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered an XTD Stage 2 Clutch Kit, and XTD Flywheel. I had the mechanic install them today and he says that now that its all in that it slips worse than when I took it in.... It's not even drivable now!!!!!!!

He wants to charge me again to open it back up and claims it's probably a faulty Pressure Plate.....

I called the Dealer online that I bought it from and they say they double check all their parts and that it isn't a faulty PP...

Could it be the master or slave cylinders? Is their something different about these clutches in Tiburons that this mechanic might not know? Could he have adjusted it wrong?

THIS IS F!@#ING RETARDED!!! I'm not paying this guy double if its his own damn fault....

PLZ HELP, I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE TOMORROW MORNING AND IM AT A DEAD END ON THIS...
Old 11-21-2006, 06:21 PM

Perhaps he has never worked on a pull type clutch as most cars are push types. I remember when I did my engine swap it took me awhile to figure out how to get the fork lined up with the bearing. I'd just ask him what type of clutch is in your car and if he says pull type, you took your car to a retard.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Got to be the mechanic... he's liable for it.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

mechanic installed. he has to pay for it. dont let him bullshit you mang. its his fault not yours. he has to do the work for free. if he argues aske to see his boss or threaten the bbb on him. thatll straighten his ass. or threaten to sue him. either way he will pay for it
Old 11-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

i say the mechanic... gotta be.. well most likely.. doubt that its the pressure plate..
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

QUOTE (Dweet @ Nov 21 2006, 08:21 PM)
Perhaps he has never worked on a pull type clutch as most cars are push types. I remember when I did my engine swap it took me awhile to figure out how to get the fork lined up with the bearing. I'd just ask him what type of clutch is in your car and if he says pull type, you took your car to a retard.

dweet,
lol.gif did you mean push??? lmao.gif

yes, our clutches are pull type which is a different from most cars out there (push type)... as dweet have mentioned it's a little tricky because of how the throwout bearing is installed. that bearing has to be installed onto the clutch fork intially, then put the tranny on, then pull the clutch lever to make the bearing attach onto the pressure plate (you should hear a click)... also, aligning the splines is a critical step

if you are unsure of this, just take a look at our clutch diy and webtech to better understand this
Old 11-21-2006, 07:08 PM

hey man i got XTD 3rd stage right now i had the same problem with it first but i was doing it and that's why i know what's the problem it's you bearing and fork i had mine unlocked from pressure plate one time i was trying to back up and there was no action from clutch like no clutch so what i did right in the parking lot at around 3 am with my girl i opened the hood took off that pin from clutch release cylinder and bang on fork and i heard that lock sound then i started the car and now i'm driving normally smile.gif sometimes happends or cause he didn't even put bearing on the fork only 2 options here smile.gif
Old 11-21-2006, 07:33 PM

yeah i meant pull, but you know what i meant... i've had a girl yapping in my ear all night and im about to /wrist
Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM

Could it be the master/ slave cylinder is bad or needs adjustment? I was told that this can also cause problems with not enough pressure on the plate....
Old 11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

your slave cyl. COULD be bad, and not even be pushing the lever, but they should check that.. do you have your car.. if so, go in car and push the clutch in and out., and have someone look (with hood open) and see if the lever moves on the transmission..

my slave cyl, isnt put together lol, but that lever should move AT LEAST 3/4" i think.. if it dont move, its prob the slave cylinder. if your slave cyl is bad, i could prob sell you my old one.. it was in perfect working condition, i am just using mine on the beta II cuz its newer and perdier.