Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Engage Problems...

Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been having problems recently with acceleration...

My clutch feels like its slipping but its brand new and it doesnt feel like the normal slip. It "engages" very far out. I have to take my foot completely off the pedal for it to engage and it won't grab or scratch the tires. It feels like the engage point is further up but the pedal is all the way up (if that makes sense)

I have an OEM PP/Disc with an XTD Chromoly Flywheel.. (~ 5,000 miles on both)

I'm thinking the clutch/pedal needs adjusting???
Old 02-06-2007, 11:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ye, I'd adjust it.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:35 AM

Ok, I searched on how to adjust it and found this clutch adjustment but the hmaservice.com link posted doesn't work and i've been having problems with the whole site....

I also found this -> Clutch, possible problem? but it wasn't much help either....

It was suggested to bleed the system, but Im gonna try to adjust it first. I just need a decent explanation of how I should do it, because I looked under there and saw a bunch of things around the clutch pedal that could be "adjusted", lol

So, anyone got a decent explanation on how to adjust it? TIA
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Dark Shark,

PM me your email address and i'll send you the stuff you need

If you are having problems accessing webtech, you should download it!

http://rapidshare.com/files/190698/manual.rar.html thanks MKE!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm thinking your having simliar problems like I am having. I'm begining to think I'll need to go back to an OEM flywheel and get rid of the fidanzza.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM

Do yall think if it DOES just need adjustment, that it would affect acceleration as well? Im also having accel. problems and am hoping its related to this problem....
Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Ok, BUMP for an update. Im still having this problem, but it's gotten a little different...

No more acceleration problems if I shift it JUST RIGHT. I can now scratch the tires and such, but ONLY if I engage the pedal in a certain way. The only way it shifts right is if I push the pedal down 3/4" down, then let off.... If I go any further down, you can tell that it's not grabbing...

Should you be able to shift with the pedal only 3/4" down? It NEVER used to be like that, and I'm hating having to pull my foot all the way up off of the pedal then back down just a little.... It's about to drive me nuts....
Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 AM

I tried adjusting it myself and it didnt help. I dunno if I didn't do it right, or what. But I called the dealership to see what theyd charge, and the rep i talked to said "Your car has a hydraulic clutch I don't think u can adjust it." Then I proceeded to explain to him what I meant and he still didnt know what I was talking about. He suggested getting the clutch fluid drained and refilled. Ugh, its gettin so bad as to me not wantin to drive the Tib 02.gif Help anyone?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hell, you should be able to shift the car with only pushing down the clutch a few inches. Thats a bad way to shift, as you may or may not be disengaging the clutch completely between shifts, but it'll work that way. Some people drive clutches like that, and have so for tens of thousands of miles (I.e Mad-Machine IIRC shifts with only pushing down the pedal a few inches, 100k+ miles on his stock clutch).

I was taught to go to the floor, to make sure the clutch is fully disengaged.