Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Carnage

Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

Half of the springs are loose and one set fell out. They must have finally fallen out Friday night and thats why I didn't have a clutch. Theres also not alot of friction material left on the clutch disc. The flywheel is turning pretty rainbow colors and has gouge marks in it from where the springs made contact. The pressure plate isn't all that bad but has some marks on it.

All in all, I'd say its shot wink1.gif

Clutch was an XTD stage 3 with 70k+ on it. I put in an act 4 puck now and it grabs like a mofo!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good stuff. What was your level of abuse on that clutch? It looks exactly as I'd expect for a ceramic after 70,000 miles with the exception of the spring. Where did the spring go and did it go out suddenly?

I've got that same clutch sitting here ready to be installed this weekend.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

I've gone down the track with it quite a few times and dynoed on it. I don't really abuse it much anymore, but I used to beat the hell out of it. It had been slipping off and on but it never actually was hard to shift until Friday night. It suddenly wouldn't disengage all the way making it difficult to get it moving. The springs were bouncing around inside the transmission.