Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cleaning a winters worth of salt out of engine bay

Old 12-29-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default Cleaning a winters worth of salt out of engine bay

I changed my oil the other day and I noticed my engine bay is covered with road salt from the roads. Im sure come spring, the engine is gonna look ridiculously horrible! Im gonna need some really really really good engine cleaner. Dont think engine Gunk is gonna cut it, and Im sure I'll probably have to use a hose to spray it down pretty good, which means I need to cover up the alternator and plug wires. But what can I use that will get an entire season of salt, dirt, mud, and all kinds of crap out of the engine bay to make it look brand new again?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

b12 berrymans chemtool. you wont need any watter at all. just spray and it will take off ANYTHING that isnt supposed to be there. i usually use GUNK heavy duty and anything that wont pull off i use the chemtool for.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

purple power, get it at oreilly's.

i buy that sh*t by the big jug. i even use it to wash clothes with, great degreaser/everyday cleaner.