Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cel!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far ive had the dealership replace all sparkplugs, new wires, oil change, and new fuel injectors. It seems to calm the issue for about 2 or 3 days and then i missfire in the 4th cyl again!! Ideas?? once car is nice and warm it seems to run smooth-er than when i first start it up for the day. its feels like it cant breath and i have to give it more throttle than i should to keep it moveing... no problems w/ idle... no dieing at lights or stops... help?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Loose wire on the coil causing the misfire? Simple mistake, I've done it myself a couple times now.

Are you sure its misfiring every time? I had something similar happen where it felt like the car was being bogged down, and had a "breathing" problem, and it ended up being the 2nd Catalytic Converter. It was clogged and I had to have it replaced.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

What CEL code does it have? Take it to AutoZone, they'll tell you for free.

Could be a clogged cat, bad coil, or old air filter? Are there any modifications to the engine? Have you performed any upgrades / maintenance immediately before the problem started?

Can you be more descriptive of the problem? Can you make it start / stop by doing certain things (coast at 3k RPM, keep it under 40MPH, keep it out of 3rd gear, etc) ?