Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CC INSERT update

Old 09-03-2002, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC INSERT update

Well, my fellow shark racing members.... i have come to the conclusion that the CC Insert is a ************* PIECE OF SH!T ****************

After installing that thing, it made my exhaust only marginally quiter, but worst of all IT CHOKED the heck out of my engine!!

The engine temp. went up, for sure the exhaust temp. went up and i didn't even bother dynoing it since it was very obvious i lost a lot of power.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PIECE!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sending it back to summit racing asap.

I did however find something worth getting admist all this crap.....

I had a "dual chamber" glasspack installed and this thing made my car sound like a ferrari! No joke, the smoothest sounding exhaust i've ever heard at ANY rpm. If anyone decides to add a glasspack to their custom cat back exhaust, trash the traditional striaght through design. This one quiets the exhaust ALOT better AND delievers a VERY smooth high quality exhaust note. Not even my friends Greddy cat back he paid 500 bucks for sounds as good as this!!!! Really!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Thanks for sharing the info. I'm glad you found something better that fit your needs.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:48 AM

Um where can u get a dual chamber glasspack?Because i'm getting a glasspack put on this weekend because the header made it to damm loud.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:54 AM

Is the dual chamber like a box shape....like a muffler right? If so, that would slow down exhaust velocity and you are counteracting what you set out to do...generate more horsepower.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:08 AM

Two questions..
Did you weld the cover on over the "front" portion?
Where did you put it in your exhaust system?

Because with the cover, it is significantly quieter. Also the position of the insert makes a big difference in terms of power loss and increase temps.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:59 PM

Well, i put the insert like 1 foot after my carsound cat. And i can't imagine what my hp losses would have been if i did put the plug with the hole in the front. All in all, this thing killed my hp pretty bad. Any muffler shop should have this dual chamber glass pack. The design is very simple. It looks like a reg. gp however, instead of one large perf. core, there are two smaller cores, each offset to the sides......
a bit difficult to explain. Just imagine two reg. glasspacks in a bigger cylinder. On the entry side exhaust moves through a core thats only on top then the exhaust bends toward the bottom to exit out another core thats at the lower half of the big cylinder. Kinda zig zags, and yes i'm sure it restricts a little but it's 10 times more effective at quieting an exhaust than your standard straight through glass pack. If you ask me, a reg. glasspack just smooths out the exhaust more than quiet it. This dual chamber excels at both quieting and smoothing.

[ September 03, 2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]
Old 09-03-2002, 04:27 PM

Too bad it didn't work for you. It is probably most effective in cars running open exhausts. I think it was designed specifically for inserting into open headers.

Anyways, note to self... do not recommend for near stock exhaust systems.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:57 PM

So true chuek, so true! wink
Old 09-03-2002, 11:51 PM
Ego

That's too bad man. I did have some hope for them after letting the subject digest a bit, despite my previous objections. sad.gif

I mean, they looked kind of cool... wink
Old 09-04-2002, 06:27 AM

Koreandude, which muffler shop sold you your dual chamber glasspack, I'd like to take a look at one. My exhaust was hella loud too when I had my header on and a glasspack didn't help.