Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Catalytic Converters & Resonator/Glass Packs brands

Old 01-14-2003, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STAY AWAY FROM LOUVERED CORES!!! AHHHHH!! I just installed at Pacesetter catback and it sounds like *** It's probably from the winky dinky resonator that has the louvered core and the stupid ricey looking crap muffler with the resonating ULTRA RICE tip (which of course has the un-performance enhancing louvered core too). Why did i buy this you might ask, especially when i had a custom shop built 2.25" exhaust? Well, it (old exhaust) didn't look great and the bends weren't mandrel.... but it sounded like a porsche (so my friends say, but my car had the smoothest deep tone that would make you want to kiss the tip of the muffler thanks to the resonator: dual chambered perf. core 24" long) Luckily i saved my resonator and my old muffler (dual dtm style striaght through). I'm going to keep the mandrel bent exhaust piping from the cat-back but i'm going to swap in my old resonator and muffler. I'm so embarrased to floor my car right now. I sound like a weed wacker. STAY AWAY FROM THAT STUPID PACE SETTER CRAP AND BUY A REAL EXHAUST SYSTEM

[ January 14, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]