Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Can our tranny's handle boost

Old 11-17-2004, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY : Rear View Mirror Vibration (PICS BACK UP)

Well, here is the thing.....

For those of you who have boost, did any of u keep the stock transmission and how did it work out for u, can our transmission even take the new power.

Secondly, if u can keep the trans, did any of u put LSD into it? And if this is the case, where did u get yours. (I checked LORDCO, they dont sell them)

Third, If u did replace the transmission, What are some good sites/brands to be looking at, and do they come with LSD included already

Thanks this will be most helpfull
Old 11-17-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Re: What is a "turbulence"

a stock tranny with stock LSD is good for about 300 horses, you'll need an aftermarket clutch though. you can get it all from kspec i believe.. i think real-engineering can get you what you need as well
Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Check out these gauges

Just to further this question some more, what could we do if we went above the 300 whp mark. I know this takes a bunch of mods, and will be tough to do, but once you hit that barrier, what's next for the tranny??

It'll be a long time for myself to get over 300whp so I never really thought about it until now.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Can our tranny's handle boost

for just the tranny? well you'd need an LSD, clutch and propably trans axles
Old 11-17-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Tiburon part out

So the actual gears in the tranny can do the job for just over 300?? Obviously you'll need a rebuild or something if you're putting down a bunch of power. So if I have it straight here, if it's just a matter of getting the power to the ground then upgrade the LSD, clutch, and new axles. But the gears in the tranny will hold up just fine.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe
Default Re: No time to wait.... *NSFW - Work Warning*

upgade the lsd???

yeah as dweet said ..

i upgraded the clutch (brass button)
flywheel maby (fidanza)
then get an lsd (Kazz, phantom grip,+ others )

i know you can get gear replacements but i can't remember who.

axles well you should just use them till they break, and if you break em well then thats just plan old bragging rights .. tongue.gif
Old 11-17-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: FS: o2 Sensor

our gears are very strong with the exception of 5th gear. i will find out what 5th really hols pretty soon.

i am a quaife dealer so if anyone wants a quaife lsd then i can get it for you around $1000 and it comes with a life time waranty. it is by far the best lsd made for our cars, the rally guys use them and the few people that i have sold them to for hyundai, they have bragged about them alot.

the drive shaft shop in ny makes axles for our cars also. they have a set that handles 450whp for $700. you have to send them your axles though. they can custom make axles to handle more power but that runs about $1800.

i am trying to blow my tranny to get a better idea of the power it can handle. my tranny has been apart a few times so i may have to go through a few trenny's to get a good hp number.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: FS: 11 sec beetle

Cool, I really have no intentions of pushing the car that far. Not yet anyway. I was just kinda doing it for the info. I really wanted to see if anyone knew how good our tranny's were and that. Good to hear we have a solid block and strong gears. LOL

officially
Old 11-17-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: FS-JVC KD-G700 and 1frd RF capacitor

Hmm, I do want LSD, it is definatly the next thing after turbo...

Could my stock clutch hold out for 2 months with boost, i guess it all depends on how i drive it..

Thanks for the advice, Dweet i knew u would come up with something
Old 11-17-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Code for Stock Dual DIN?

Well Onpol for example has three broken trannies in his back yard and he had two working spares lying in his backyard also. The three that were broken... ALL OF THEM, broke with a gear sticking out the bell housing. Which gear it was I'm not sure; I do know one of them broke in third gear.

Onpol was making 3xx something horsepower? I don't remember...