Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cams Are Here!

Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
That's great, but do they have experience working on Korean engines? I doubt it. Please, post stuff about other companies products in another thread.

QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Apr 24 2007, 03:57 AM)
Seriously, I don't think teaser posts like this should be allowed. Just post the info already!

Ehh, which info? I posted most of it already. I'll go get the other stuff from the other cam thread, you lazy b****.

smile.gif

QUOTE (TopSpeedFX @ Apr 24 2007, 06:26 AM)
hahah Im anxious, get us the info red lol. Also since we cant order them from thier site, does this mean that we have to send ours to be reground? J.W?

Huh? There will be a core charge involved, I'm sure, but I'll have a set of OEM ones being shipped for stock when I swap mine out.

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 24 2007, 07:50 AM)
what are the negative's to regrinds?

Not many. Depends on the experience of the company doing it. You can lose hardness or have wear issues if they aren't done properly, but Colt assured me there is no loss of hardness on ours, and that they should run really nice.

QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ Apr 24 2007, 08:02 AM)
Would it be better to regrind my stock intake cam, or the 1.8? And do I throw a CEL or lose reliability on this?

The Kias that this same grind have gone onto have dyno'd at about 15 WHP increase, so yeah,you'd wanna do the stock cams. How would we know, it hasn't been installed yet! Probably not though.

Let me go dig up the specs again...

As for Hyd pre-load you should not have a problem the
factory always leaves extra, so no shimming should be required.
Please keep us informed.
There was no hardness loss, so don’t worry about the longevity.
Here are the spec’s for you.

Prim Int: 274° .363 Lift
Sec Int: 266° .353 Lift
EX: 274° .363 Lift

Uploading the pics now.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

^^^
That's great, but do they have experience working on Korean engines? I doubt it. Please, post stuff about other companies products in another thread.

So Korean cams are "special" cams that don't look or serve the purpose of any other cam? A cam is a cam. A regrind is a regrind, ^^ that made no sense. I was also not referring to company products in your thread, hence there is no product name or company name.

The reason I said that was because:

Your company that you got the cams re-worked from is Canadian.

The local shop is called...Colt Cams, same company, they just opened up 2 months ago so they could get a shop here in the east. They do GREAT work, a cpl local guys have had some work done there recently. The material on the cams is NOT WELDED on like some other shops will do, its a special SPRAY technique which is unbelievable to watch and insures 100% coating, hardening, and doesn't "wear"

So what I'm saying is that these cams are VERY high quality regrinds. Only company I'm going to let touch my cams.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

jeez Redzman, way to make an ass out of U and ..tanc? smile.gif
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 AM

^^^
So you should have just said that you've heard of them and that they do good work dude.

LOL

Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Those look great man.

Now get rid of your Rev limiter, and rev to 7000rpm. You could rev to 7500 on stock springs and rods, but do be safe, 7000 is a good limit wink1.gif
Old 04-24-2007, 11:58 AM

finally! looks sick. and u said it should be good gains for both na and boost? im anxious!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

The only way to adjust the rev limiter is with a standalone ignition right? Also Red are you going to run a stock computer, can our ecus adjust to these? Or will we have to piggyback or something else?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

those look great!
but what are our options for tuning?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:03 PM

Guys, this is just about these cams, and that's ALL that's being done is the cams. Tuning/standalones/piggybacks can be considered, as with any other mods, but I won't even think about it unless I have problems with this.

Please STOP asking about damned tuning. You all know the answers there as well as I do.

QUOTE (tanc @ Apr 24 2007, 10:59 AM)
Those look great man.

Now get rid of your Rev limiter, and rev to 7000rpm. You could rev to 7500 on stock springs and rods, but do be safe, 7000 is a good limit wink1.gif

I really can't, this is my daily driver and we have OBDII Emissions here.

QUOTE (wolfinsheepsclothing @ Apr 24 2007, 11:58 AM)
finally! looks sick. and u said it should be good gains for both na and boost? im anxious!

Yes sir. You are anxious, shit, how do you think I feel? LOL

QUOTE (TopSpeedFX @ Apr 24 2007, 01:33 PM)
The only way to adjust the rev limiter is with a standalone ignition right? Also Red are you going to run a stock computer, can our ecus adjust to these? Or will we have to piggyback or something else?

I don't know, nor do I really care right now, it's not the point of the cams. I'm dynoing them, like I said, with before and after on the stock ECU. My Rev Limiter is high enough, 6500 is plenty, I drive twisties and don't take it THAT high THAT much. Yes, I'm running a stock computer still as I said. The other Kias and such running these haven't had any problems that I've heard of, so no.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (TopSpeedFX @ Apr 24 2007, 07:33 PM)
The only way to adjust the rev limiter is with a standalone ignition right?

denisst99 do a reflash to remove the revlimiter on the stock ecu . he have done mine , and i don t have probleme with them