Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CAI: Kore vs. MHP

Old 05-31-2001, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI: Kore vs. MHP

Can anyone help me to compare these two? Pics would be a great help, and responses from anyone who owns either, on performance increases and sound. Thanks
Old 06-01-2001, 12:49 PM

search fxtreme
Old 06-01-2001, 02:46 PM

i've got a MHP CAI and its installed with
instructions at http://shark.deckernet.net/

I beleive the core is made out of rubber or plastic so that it can absorb more bumps better. Not too sure. just trying to help
with the MHP side wink.gif

ta
-nico
Old 06-01-2001, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

lol, Decker, you're kewl and all, but I've seen you on the MHP forum, my advice to you is to go to FXTREME and do a little bit more research yourself man... just trying to help on all sides here...

well I'm staying out of this because I don't want to be bias, so I will let someone else take care of it...

but to correct somethings Decker said...

- it's KORE not CORE...
- it's made out of some of the best aluminum and not STEEL like the MHP CAI, we are much lighter in weight then their CAI
- the KORE CAI doesn't need to absorb bumps since it will never be hit by anything, it doesn't touch anything, and is held in place by the fenderwell, just like any CAI
- We use connectors which are made specifically for ******** used for their turbo engines
- KORE is the only with an true auto-CAI
- DYNOs have proven that the KORE 5-speed and Auto do what they're supposed to (search fxtreme) I'll give you the link

go here:
SEARCH FOR DYNO KORE

Well these are the true facts of the KORE CAI's, I like when I stay out of stuff... lol

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 06-03-2001, 08:22 AM

hmmm..Decker. Stealing the funkyness eh? Well, that's cool..

I also noticed a typo on your website. They're APC gauges, not AIC. wink.gif

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: « æliux » ]
Old 06-20-2001, 09:57 AM

The MHP site lists the CAI as a Tiburon only mod. I don't see why there any reason that it would not work on a 2000 Elantra as well... could somone enlighten me here, I would really like to get one for my Elantra.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2001, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

FluteMuffin-

It will fit a 1999 or 2000 elantra.
Old 06-20-2001, 02:29 PM

Y'know when I say I'd like to help out on the MHP side, that exactly what I meant. I have a MHP, and the guy asked for pics. So I gave him my site, cause its got alot of pics. I know alot about MHP CAI cause I'm experienced in it. I know now that I'd get a KORE if I had a chance, but KORE doesn't have any online ordering that I know of.

I personally did read the fxtreme forum. There were alot of discussions there on MHP vs KORE. I was just trying to pass on information I learned.

So before you try to tear me apart, realize that i'm just trying to help people, like you guys helped me when I was learning stuff.
Old 06-20-2001, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Ahhh screw ya all!

*BEGIN PRODUCT PLUG HERE*
Get a "Random Special". Dyno'ed gains of more HP and Torque then them other guys...plus ya build it yer'self for dirt cheap! smile.gif smile.gif
*END OF PRODUCT PLUG*
Just kidding dude.

Seriously. I've owned the MHP, but not the KORE. From what I have seen and heard, they both have their advatages and disadvantages. Go with which ever intake YOU feel is the best bang for the buck...or which ever one has the "right" colored connectors to match your engine color scheme or whatever your reasons may be. You really won't go wrong with either one!
Old 06-20-2001, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

that was funny Random, very subtle I see so how about this one:

*BEGIN PRODUCT PLUG HERE*
Get a "KORE CAI". AWESOME Dyno gains... plus it looks pretty and does not weigh a ton, and does not look like black plastic, yes some have dynoed with more, but then again, if dynoed in Miami or on another state the numbers would be lower... You know, 5-speeds and dynos just don't mix...
*END OF PRODUCT PLUG*

Just kidding dude. You know you're still my boy... lol

[ June 21, 2001: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]