Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CAI intake's

Old 05-14-2001, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI intake's

Just to defend myself I have done research and the intake is not worth the money nor is it the only way to make it (the bends). It's funny you all are cutting me up but apc has one set to come out for the tib and their were also pictures of it and it looked exactly the same as KORE's but gues what no seperation in the pipe. So please don't cut me up for my suggestions I did do research and for the amount of money you spend for this product you get a piece of pipe draw a diagram and take it to the local shop and have them bend the pipe to the right specs and with no seperation.

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-14-2001, 12:43 AM

sorry for some of the spelling and grammer screw ups it's monday.
Old 05-14-2001, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

I know your whole story man, why don't you just give up, I'm done with you... have fun, make your diagram and go and build your intake, I hope this post gets closed too... APC, lol, that's funny man, check out their products when you can, that's all I'll say about that...
Old 05-14-2001, 01:03 AM

People trying to build a better mouse trap or trying to recreate the wheel. I love it!!LOL
Old 05-14-2001, 01:12 AM

Listen I was not trying to start a war on the last post nor am I trying to do that here. I am just saying that in my opinion (Stressing my opinion) I also said that if he wanted to go with that then that's cool. And also I can't understand how the thousand plus cai that are on the market for other cars that none of them are pieced together like KORE's and why they couldn't make it one solid pipe when I beleive (streesing I beleive) it can be done cause there are alot harder cars with more difficult bends then ours and theirs are one solid pipe. So please you 2 take a pill and chill these are my suggestions and opinions and their is no need to jump all in my s*&t. Thanks
Old 05-14-2001, 01:19 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Hey man, this is not a flame, just like you stated your opinion so did I and JAWS...

like I said, I know what you have against KORE, and that's something personal, you should attack products that you don't know about... test it in what way??? did you dyno??? how else can you test it???

about other companies doing CAI's, have any of them tried modifying a tiburon??? so how can you know that they will build one unlike the KORE or MHP intake, they are put together the same way aren't they, so when you mention one you mention both, there's a reason why these 2 companies built a CAI that's almost the same, they both researched the best ways to do it...

I believe WEAPON R, also tried at first to do a CAI, and you know what they didn't, and came up with that POS they have now, and what is that??? how come you ain't attacking that??? it's just 2 pipes, with silicone hoses isn't it??? the MAF is still there 2 isn't it... well you see then, they are a much bigger company with millions in their pocket and they couldn't come up with anything... I wonder why...

APC, like I said, you can go to many, many HONDA forums and you will see talk of their products, enjoy, IMHO just do research man, real research...
Old 05-14-2001, 01:28 AM

I have nothing against KORE or their products I think for the most part their great I just do not like the way the cai looks and the way it's made I never, never attacked the specs of hp gain. So please don't put words in my mouth again this was not meant to start a war so please no one take it that way. Thanks
Old 05-14-2001, 02:35 AM

Check the flame forum.

Bottom line is this. Kore makes a great intake. I don't believe anyone can build a better on for two thirds the price. No matter what they say. The old saying is this " If you want quality you pay for quality" My question 99, is why do you keep questioning something that works. BATLORD you are dead on the money correct, I couldn't agree with you more. I would voice some negative comments on kores CAI, but I can't because there is nothing negative about it to begin with. The guys up at carlise couldn't stop talking about how they noticed a significant gain in power. The guys on fxtreme are saying the same thing. Sorry but the majority rules in this case! smile.gif

Old 05-14-2001, 03:16 AM

Well I will eat some crow and say sorry although I still don't like the way it looks I went about it the wrong way in voicing my opinion and again eating crow chomp,chomp,chomp. Sorry for the way I went about it. And hopefully now we can stop feuding.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:19 AM

the guy doesn't like the kore intake, whats the big deal. Personaly if i could have an intake that was one piece and all polished i would prefer that one. All he was saying that it could be done and now it is being done.

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: tibby ]