Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Buying New Clutch & Flywheel

Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

alright well the times come to finally get a new clutch and flywheel cause its starting to slip reeal bad

just want some opinions on my choice and to make sure i actually got the right ones

alright, clutch, figured the heavy duty ACT clutch with street disk, from prostreetonline.com
$284, and $311 shipped to canada

now for the flywheel, wanted a findanza but cant afford to spend that much on just a flywheel 02.gif

now i tried searching on the site for these two but couldnt find much info

looking at the XTD 11lbs chromoloy on ebay
193 shipped

and the CBHaus flywheel, 11lbs
185 shipped

now not sure which flywheel to settle with, both of them seem decent and i've heard the name XTD more around here then CBhaus so im leaning to XTD but i could be wrong

these are the lowest prices i can find so if theres something cheaper im all ears

thanks guys
Old 02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

i got the 11lb chromoly flywheel and i really like it alot.. haven't had any problems and noticed how much more rev happy the car is.

i never heard of CBhaus or w/e the hell its called. they are all most likely the same thing, just different distributor..

i got the ACT clutch kit from prostreet online with a 6puck clutch, and i LOVE the feel of it, the engagement is great, and not too harsh and will hold decent power.

i got my clutch and flywheel combo for a total of: 485$ shipped.

187$shipped for the flywheel
298$shipped for the clutch kit.

you could get a southbend clutch, which are supposed to be really good for a good chunk cheaper than the ACT. how much power you plan on pushing. they have a clutch kit from southbend that will hold more power than stock for like 175$
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 PM

well sticking to na for abit, cams headers etc.. but would like to eventually put a turbo in it, around 200hp,

thats why i went with a street disc instead of a puck style since itll be quite awhile before i even go near turbo'ing the tib
Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

well 200hp for a turbo tib.. this clutch should work great..

K05087 Rally series from southbend. it is rated to hold 220 ft/lbs of torque. which should be plenty if your wanting 200hp. its 175$ + shipping.

heres some info. the top description is of the ralley series..
clutch

Rally kits contain a modified high performance pressure plate and heavy duty organic disc. The linings on this disc are premium woven medium metal content lining. This facing has a 9000 RPM burst and dissipates heat quicker then any other organic lining on the market. This kit generates 1/3 more torque then stock. Also included in the kit are a throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:57 PM

thats actually a real good alternative

called them and they said it would be about 225 shipped here, but found a canadian distributor that has it listed for $169 and should only be 20 bucks shipping so $189

Clutch

well $189 shipped sure beats $311 fing02.gif
Old 02-23-2007, 05:10 PM

im running the southbend stage 3 clutch. by far the best clutch ive had in the tib for awhile. iafter 3 total failures with SPEC clutch's, i had previouse experience with the southbend clutch's and decided to try there tib one out. its been over 2 years now without any issues, and thats with 1/4 mile, and road racing on it.

im also a fan of the act, clutchmasters and centerforce clutch's. all have treated me well in the past, but for the price, you cant beat the southbend. they could easily charge quite a bit more for the performance you really get out of it.