Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Brands and Difficulty

Old 04-15-2002, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brands and Difficulty

Alright im in the market for a couple of items and i was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on good brands and how difficult they will be to install for a person of modest ability. Here's what im looking for:
1.)Starting with an Intake (will prob be SR)
2.)Next im thinking of a Cat-back and i dont know specifically of any brands that stand out
3.)Not sure what to go with next either Headers or throttle body
4.) and probably to end up with a little shot of nitro
Any suggestions i could get and if somone can maybe give me an idea how complicated some of this would be that would be great.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:02 PM

CAI - Random Special or the SR one... when it's done rolleyes.gif

Cat back - Speedstate sells one, and Kore is starting to test theirs.

Headers - www.sharkracing.com and also hp is going to have a group buy for US Spec headers by OBX soon.

NAWWWWSSSS - shark racing carries the zex kit. You can get nos just 'bout anywhere. I'm no pro on it though. frown
Old 04-15-2002, 02:47 PM

1) SR intake
2) KORE or SpeedState catback (KORE catback should be cheapest of all). Buy high-flow cat, too.
3) Go with header

Just to make your installation simple, install catback and header at the same time. You need to take your car to local exhaust shop to fit the catback and header properly.

Then
1) BBTB and matching IM
2) Elantra GT intake Cam
3) Eibach spring with damper
4) Better tires
5) NOS!
6) Turbo!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 03:05 PM

Wait till the SR cat backs are out. smile.gif
Old 04-15-2002, 03:58 PM

ET? Price too maybe? PLEASE smile.gif
Old 04-15-2002, 11:29 PM

yamaneko:
Wait till the SR cat backs are out.
I was thinking that it would be awesome if you guys had a forum for product updates/status and stuff with ETA/possible pricing, just so we could all know what is in the works and how long it may possibly take.

I bet it would save customer service a few hundred emails... and I think everyone would really appreciate it!

[ April 16, 2002, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: Skitzo ]
Old 04-16-2002, 01:19 AM

They pretty much give updates in the general mod forum. At least that's what I've noticed. Then again, I'm new to TSR frown
Old 04-16-2002, 02:40 AM

Alright so now SR has a cat-back coming out too. Not to sound like an arse or anything but ive been waiting for the intake since i signed on to TSR. I dont wanna have to wait till spring of 2005, by that time my 2000 tib will be a Great great grandfather.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:57 AM

Hopefully Yam can get us a reply with a time frame in the next couple of days. That should give you an idea if you want to wait however long or just get speedstate's.
Old 04-16-2002, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

SupraMaxCD:
Alright so now SR has a cat-back coming out too. Not to sound like an arse or anything but ive been waiting for the intake since i signed on to TSR. I dont wanna have to wait till spring of 2005, by that time my 2000 tib will be a Great great grandfather.
No offense dude, but if you don't want to wait, then don't complain and moan about it. Just buy what you need from somewhere else. SR is the industry leader when it comes down to aftermarket performance and eye candy for your Hyundai. It takes time to build things from scratch, and if SR is to remain at the top, then sometimes you need to acknowledge the fact that things can't be made over night. There has to be research on the topic, then it has to be developed, then it has to be tested a few times to make sure everything is flawless, then once the tests turn out to be perfect, then it has to be mass produced, and finally in turn you..the consumer can purchase what has taken time to build, and once you recieve the product and install it, you'll understand why Shark Racing is THE BEST, and that the wait was well worth it.

Just my 2 cents...... wink