Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Bought My Self A Manual Transmission!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

Well today is a good day! I just bought myself all the parts for an auto to manual swap. The transmission and all the parts including shipping only cost me $825. I told my self once my tranny goes that I will do the swap and well it is that time smile.gif So within weeks I shall be getting the full potential out of my baby.

Also what do you all think about that price, i thought it was a score since i needed every part and better i thought to get it all at once.

I'm so excited to own my very first stick!!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 PM

did you get the dash pieces and everything? might as well buy a short shifter and clutch to install right now lol fing02.gif seein as youll have the whole thing apart anyways
Old 10-02-2006, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you buy your tranny new? It all seems a little expensive.

I think I spent about 300 bucks for everything..but I got my parts used.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

QUOTE (Blue Blaze @ Oct 2 2006, 12:28 PM)
I'm so excited to own my very first stick!!

You weren't born with one? lmao.gif

Yeah, $800 is a damn good price man. How many miles does it have on it?

I agree with the statement about the clutch, it's a pita to install, so while you have it all apart you may as well put a new one in there.

If you have the time, it would look really nice if you cleaned and/or polished the tranny up too. Don't pay someone, just go get a bunch of rags and buy some Mother's polish. fing02.gif that would look tight (anyone remember jaws' engine bay?)
Old 10-02-2006, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

How much was shipping out of curiousity if you know?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Damn, I got everything I needed for 400 bucks.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:33 PM

I believe everything is used, it was a little pricy for the tranny I agree but its under 45K miles so I'm happy. Plus getting everything i need for the direct swap at once and one time shipping is really really nice.

Oh also let you all know that i'm buying from some place in Canada tongue.gif

Here is the low down of the cost:

Tranny $550
Shipping $125
All swap parts $150

zoned019- Yes i was born with a stick tongue.gif so i guess it would be my second one lmao.gif

I was thinking about the Short shifter, installing it at the same time. The only thing with the clutch is that since I don't drive one day to day right now, i really don't want to beat up a Stage 2 clutch getting use to driving stick. Also, thats a good idea to polish it up a bit.

Once it gets here I'll take a bunch of pics of everything and let ya'll see it!

Oh also, I was wondering if someone has those pictures for the Auto-Manual swap It would help me out TROMENDOUSLY! Thankx!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:04 PM

I thought I would just keep this inside my own thread!

In the Auto to Manual Tranny Swap DIY loneshark has supported his engine some how, shows it in his pictures. Can anyone help me out. I've called a couple of different places about the Engine supporter that the service manual asks for but nobody really knows what I'm talking about. How can I make one or what have other people done in this step. I'm just trying to get all the pieces ready for when my tranny gets here so I can just go and not have to stop and make a trip to the autozone for a tool i'm missing.

Thank you.