Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

BIM and BTB groupcircle/groupbuy thingie

Old 04-29-2002, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIM and BTB groupcircle/groupbuy thingie

Ok, loafy gave me a good idea, if you want to see what he said check my post in the for sale forumn.

Basically this is how it goes. Alot of people out there want a bored intake manifold or bored throttle body. So I have a spare one of each right now. So I was thinking of getting a list of people together one list for BTB and BIM. What happens is I send my spare IM to onpol, and the next person on the list after my name sends onpol $180 to have it bored out. After I get the BIM back, I send my old one back to onpol, and the person under the person who paid for the boring sends his $180 and the BIM is returned to the first guy who paid and so on and so on.

The same applies for the throttle body. This way we can get everyone who wants a bored IM or TB involved and keep this little circle jerk going.

What do you guys think?

IDEA's BEEN CHANGED, look at my next post!!!

[ April 29, 2002, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Decker ]
Old 04-29-2002, 10:56 AM

Wow, That's a good idea, I like it. Would it be 180$ for each? Or different prices for the pieces? I think that would work well, but to make sure I understand, it's basically like this;

'A' sends BTB/BIM to onpol, Onpol sends back bored out one.
'B' then sends money to Onpol, onpol then sends bored BTB/BIM back to 'B', and 'B' sends stock BTB/BIM to Onpol.
'C' then sends money to Onpol, Onpol then sends bored BTB/BIM back to 'C', and 'C' sends stock BTB/BIM to Onpol.. That the basic theory?
Keep us posted, good idea.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:00 AM

I'm in for a BIM. I need like a week (if it's $180.00 total)

Good idea. And thank for "putting" it together...or 2least starting it off...
Old 04-29-2002, 12:08 PM

Count me in as well. Post as much information as you can come up with about this subject.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:39 PM

Put me down for both.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:29 PM

Ok, this is how its going to work.(final revision)
it got to complicated the original way so here goes....

IM side:
Decker sends IM to onpol
person A sends onpol $180 and decker deposit of $100 for IM. Once onpol receives stock IM decker returns $100 to person A.
person B then sends onpol $180 and decker deposit....etc etc.

TB side:
Hornet sends TB to onpol
person C sends onpol $120 and decker deposit of $50 for TB. Once onpol receives stock TB, decker returns $50 to person C
etc etc

Mad Hornet is donating a stock throttle body (stb) and i'm donating my stock intake manifold.
Loafy suggested a donation from everyone who participates in the chain. So if 10 people are on the TB chain then I suggests $5 to compensate hornet $50 for his throttle body. Same thing goes for the IM chain. $10 a person for 10 people thats $100 for the IM. I beleive this is a very good deal, and reasonable compentaion.

The deposit is to prevent people from "forgetting" to return the hardware and messing up this neat chain. The person who gets screwed receives the deposit/goes towards the purchase of new hardware for screw-ee.

Does this sound like a good deal? if so go sign up. Oh and if you guys would rather talk onpol to do the deposit, or random(some mod) be my guest. The less hassles I have to go through the better.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:31 PM

Decker and to all that are posting on this topic:
Don't forget the car model, engine size, Manual or Auto, w/ or w/o cruise control... This is where things will get too complicated.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Great idea, Decker. I'll be in for the intake manifold.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:07 PM

Decker put me down for both.

2K1 Tibby, 5 speed, with cruse.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:13 PM

Ok two threads isn't working out, so the other one is not the MAIN thread.