Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Bim, Bbtb, Phenos

Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

So, since you can't get AIR RAM manis anymore, I guess I'm going to port and polish my stock mani, and bore it out.

So, questions...
1.) What is the stock bore on an intake manifold for a beta1 2.0l
2.) What is the stock bore on the TB for the beta1 2.0l (I think I found it was around 51mm)
3.) What should I bore my mani out to?
4.) What size BBTB should I get to match it?
5.) What does getting a different pulley on the BBTB do for me?
6.) Are Pheno Spacers just a bolt on type deal, or would I have to cut pieces of it one I bore my IM and get a new TB?

After all this, I think that should be everything I can do to the intake end of my car. Next is exhaust, but I plan on getting a header this month anyways. As of now I have...

True AEM CAI
1.8 ECU (the best one)
1.8l cam that was brand new

So that should be about it. Thanks in advance for all the specs guys, I searched for about an hour and a half or so, and I couldn't really find anything useful. I found lots of stuff about swapping TB's and IM's, and putting in phenos and the gains, bust nothing ahout bores except in one post, which only included the TB bore, and I don't even know if that was right.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

1.) What is the stock bore on an intake manifold for a beta1 2.0l

This is all over the site. It's at like 55MM. I posted pics of it, measured, in Tim's IM thread.

2.) What is the stock bore on the TB for the beta1 2.0l (I think I found it was around 51mm)

This is also posted all over the site. It's at 54MM, plus or minus a bit depending on who measured it.

3.) What should I bore my mani out to?

The size of the largest BBTB you'll put on there.

4.) What size BBTB should I get to match it?

Whatever size you think would work best. I'm running a 65MM Tigerlilly, with no ill effects.

5.) What does getting a different pulley on the BBTB do for me?

Not much. A SMALLER one will decrease the time and increase foot effort it takes to turn it, speeding up acceleration slightly. Other than that, you can add one for Cruise.

6.) Are Pheno Spacers just a bolt on type deal, or would I have to cut pieces of it one I bore my IM and get a new TB?

Pheno? Phenolic. Yes, they are a bolt on type deal. Go read the DIY for them.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: car

Thanks you REDZ. I think I'm going to get a header next, and then exhaust, then work on intake again.