Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Beta I / Beta Ii - Exhaust Side Difference

Old 01-20-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2006 Kia Spectra5

OK, I'm posting this here because you guys/gals are more familiar with the Beta I head.

I have a 2006 Beta II engine with CVVT. I was told that the the 97-01 Beta I manifold would fit (like the OBX turbo Mani). But when I tried to fit it, it was off. The spacing from the centerline of the ports and bolt hole are wider on the Beta II then the beta I. Yet people are telling me this isn't a problem.

I can see opening up a bolt hole to make it fit, but when the ports don't match up ... I have a problem with that.

So, am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill or is this a real problem?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The CVVT Head may be different. THats all I can come up with. Im going to look at my beta 1 manifold right now on my beta 2 head. I hope it works
Old 01-20-2008, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have seen they are the same bolt pattern and port locations, go to the dealer and ask to see an exhaust gasket from a beta one and one from a beta 2 cvvt and match them up. There is a good possibility that you where shipped the wrong OBX manifold, could be one for a 4g63 since they are very close in bolt pattern and the turbo manifold made by OBX for the beta and 4g63 look the same. I know that Alpine turbos makes a kit for the Beta1 and Beta2 and they use the same turbo manifold in all their kits.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2006 Kia Spectra5

I have a Beta II CVVT gasket and one from a Beta I ... the bolt holes and ports are off when I center the middle three bolts up ... I'll see what a 4G63 looks like tomorrow ... any particular year engine to look at?

QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Jan 20 2008, 04:54 PM)
The CVVT Head may be different. THats all I can come up with. Im going to look at my beta 1 manifold right now on my beta 2 head. I hope it works

Please let me know what you find out ... this is baffling ...