Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ARK issues - Genesis Coupe

Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Default ARK issues - Genesis Coupe

Ok, so I bought the downpipe/test pipe combo from ARK. They used to use straight test pipes but are no converting to a H pipe design and charging more for it. Anyway, I paid the extra and was excited to see what ARK had come up with. Oh well, much to my dismay, they switched from great universal straight test pipes to a fixed, rigid, H pipe that wouldn't match up with the X pipe on my Sterlin F1 CBE. Not only is ARK not replying to any of my questions about getting this remedied, they are apparently being asses to my suppliers. Why on earth fix something that wasn't broken with something that is more expensive and apparently won't work with all CBEs???? Anybody else run into any issues with this?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A CBE should work with factory parts. Thus, anything that replaces factory parts should bolt up to a CBE with no problem. Unfortunately, many people are finding out the hard way that ARK has had a bad reputation for a while. My suggestion is to be persistent with ARK. Whether you bought from ARK directly or from a vendor, I would contact ARK directly and cut out the middleman. This is their product and they should be aware of the issue and provide a remedy.

I'm sorry to hear this, it really sucks, but I appreciate you bringing it to our attention so others can learn from your troubles and not fall into the same predicament.

I haven't purchased from ARK, and I haven't seen any other feedback of the H pipe, positive or negative. Let us know how this works out. Hopefully they'll refund you, pay for product return, and determine the problem so nobody else has to deal with this.

Notice the feedback: http://www.chapter11bk.com/qmf/guide/resellers.htm

They have a reputation.