Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Apexi S-AFC

Old 11-19-2002, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi S-AFC

Hi All smile.gif .

Ok bare with me please as I really don't know much about this mod except that everyone who has it, loves it. I'll be totally honest here, my ride is for show purposes only, so what I like is how cool it looks . So I wanna install one properly but I haven't a clue where to find pictures, diagrams, etc... I did a search, but what I found was morelike praise from the people who just got theirs. I wanna be the next one.

So my questions?...Basically what is it? What does it do? How do I install it?

I really appreciate any help smile.gif .

Thanks...
Jerry
Old 11-19-2002, 04:56 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

do you at least know who makes it???

if not here you go, you will find all you asked, from explanation as to what it does, and the diagrams you're looking for...

www.apexi.com

NOW as to should you do the install, not to sure on that there, just from the way you were asking the questions... I know alot of our cars, but when it comes to electronics, I really try not to mess with it, so for someone that doesn't know much of it, I wouldn't try it if I were you...
Old 11-19-2002, 05:13 AM

Bat Lord:
do you at least know who makes it???

if not here you go, you will find all you asked, from explanation as to what it does, and the diagrams you're looking for...

www.apexi.com

NOW as to should you do the install, not to sure on that there, just from the way you were asking the questions... I know alot of our cars, but when it comes to electronics, I really try not to mess with it, so for someone that doesn't know much of it, I wouldn't try it if I were you...
It's in the subject line Bro, the Apexi wink .

Actually I'm not at all intimidated by the install since I am (or was) a registered Audio/Alarm installer and am confident I can do it. I'm just not familiar with the unit itself and what can I expext from it. I graduated from a Automotive Technical school way back in the day (early 80s) when most of this electronic tuning really didn't exist (neither does the school anymore..haha). Most of the "electronic" mods were done to the coil and distributor.

Thanks for the link. Is this one of the mods you did? If so, did you do it and what did you experience from it?

Thanks smile.gif ,
Jerry
Old 11-19-2002, 05:42 AM

He has one installed to tune his turbo... but has not finished...
Old 11-19-2002, 05:54 AM

oh ok, kewl to know then, then I would say go for it bro... you need this to make a better air/fuel mixture once you're boosting... just depends what type of setup you're looking for...

yep I have this... and it is tuned, just not dynoed yet... smile.gif
Old 11-19-2002, 06:08 AM

Wow finally got it tuned... how does she feel man?

Details details details...
Old 11-19-2002, 06:38 AM

lol sorry man don't want to hijack this thread, feels awesome, but now the pipes keep blowing off cause of the boost, but I will have it fixed... smile.gif

Jerryzcrib?? did the website and the manuals help you...
Old 11-19-2002, 07:20 AM

Bat Lord:
lol sorry man don't want to hijack this thread, feels awesome, but now the pipes keep blowing off cause of the boost, but I will have it fixed... smile.gif

Jerryzcrib?? did the website and the manuals help you...
Definitely . The site made me want it more smile.gif . Thanks.

I guess my main concern now is the hook-up. Bascically, what wires to tap and where.

Random and Turbulence...you guys have this info right? Hooka Brotha' up .

Thanks ,
Jerry

[ November 19, 2002, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Jerryzcrib ]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:51 AM

it's really easy to install. just pop the lever off of the ecu plug, break off the gay plastic that's in the way (at least i did), tap 5 wires, and you're good to go. i have the wiring diagram that Random posted on the board, so you can email me or ask if Random will post it up again.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:48 PM

good to know the info on it, now i dont have to go searching in a month for it all when i install it