Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

AOS CAI Now available!

Old 06-06-2001, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little over priced if you ask me! For that money I'd rather go into the fender for colder air, and less chance of hydro-lock. But thats just my opinion.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:57 AM

Chris, the AEM bypass valve fits between one of the rubber boots and the piping. It acts as a valve to release air should the filter become submerged in water. If you did get it submerged, the syphon effect opens up the valve and the water drains back out. Water getting into your engine is a very bad thing and it's good for if you live in a rainy area with bad roads.
Old 06-07-2001, 03:30 AM

I hear the valve breaks easy and have never known anyone to be happy hith it.
Besides it looks ugly.
Old 06-07-2001, 06:48 AM

Speedstate resides in Canada, and I believe that was quoted in Canadian funds, which will make a big difference
Old 06-07-2001, 07:27 AM

if it doesn't go into to the fender then where does it suck the air from? the bottom of the engine?!?

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: Dopeskills ]
Old 06-07-2001, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by AUTOBOT:
I hear the valve breaks easy and have never known anyone to be happy hith it.
Besides it looks ugly.

What you have heard is from misinformed people.

There are no real moving parts in the unit to "break" just rubber flaps that open.

The only way to tell if the unit "broke" would be to dunk the air filter with water and see if the engine hydrolocked. I seriously doubt anyone did this to verify that it was "broken".

The AEM bypass is engineered to work in a specific way. If it is installed wrong, or if it is too big, or too small, it will not work, but it will not, and cannot "break" if installed properly.

I personally think it looks rather interesting, but everyone has their own opinion.

When you consider how much it would be to fix/replace your engine...is $50 to much to spend on engine insurance for the life of your car?

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]