Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

AOS cai

Old 10-07-2001, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AOS cai

i'm about to buy the aos cai and on the check out screen, they have a AEM bypass valve for $75. is it really worth the $75 for it, and what advantages will it give me if i do use it. also i will be useing the stock exhaust for now until i can get some more money, will there be a problem due to restriction of the air excaping? thanx
Old 10-08-2001, 12:42 AM

Yes, with the AOS CAI setup it is my opinion that you need the bypass. The AOS puts the filter really close the the bottom of the engine bay and is exposed to the elements.

If you can wait Shark Racing is producing an intake to be out soon!
Old 10-08-2001, 04:09 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

I agree get the AEM bypass valve. It keeps water from getting into the motor if the filter gets submerged. I have had mine on for 5 months and haven't had a problem with it yet. And I also had a stock exhaust for 4 months or so and it didn't seem to efect it any. I still noticed a difference with the stock exhaust still on.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:55 PM

I don't think the AEM Bypass Valve is necessary. My previous CAI exited the same place as the AOS one. I drove it for a year with no problems whatsoever. I drove my car for an entire winter here in Canada and only had to clean the filter when it got dirty.

On another note.. I just bought the AOS intake... Without the AEM valve. wink.gif
Old 10-10-2001, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by Cottonmouth:
On another note.. I just bought the AOS intake... Without the AEM valve. wink.gif

I think that it's better to be safe then sorry. A $75 bypass is cheaper then have hydro-lock!