Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Anyone used "Engine Restore" before?

Old 08-19-2002, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used "Engine Restore" before?

I have a 100K on my 1.8l '97 tib 5-speed. Wondering if i should get this "engine restore" stuff. It's suspose to 'restore' my compression back but i'm not sure if i've lost any. If i just so happen to have not lost compression and put some in my engine anyway, will i screws something up? I dynoed my car at 90k and came up with 113.6 whp and 109 ft-lbs torque stock and ran a 16.4 @ 85 mph on 17"s(little did i know i had a bad clutch, blown struts and bad syncro's at the time). Does this sound about right for a factory rated flywheel hp of 130? So far i've added an intake, 4-2-1 header, carsound cat, 2.25" piping w/ dual dtm muffler, CM FX100 clutch. Can't wait to dyno and run the 1/4 again.

[ August 19, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]
Old 08-19-2002, 06:29 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're probably ok. I'm not a big believer in snake oil stuff like that; my general suggestion is to avoid it.

For all who are interested, I'm going to tear down my 101,000 mile stock motor (that suffered my constant abuse ) within the next week or so. I'll be posting pics, but so far we already know that one of the exhaust valves was leaking eek! sad.gif Probably from the bad port job it got from the VW place a few years back frown