Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Anyone Got A Head Torn Open And Some Calipers Handy?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heya Guy's,
tried searching... didnt get anywhere...
Im currently in the process of a minor N/A buildup for my 2003 tiburon.
Basicly, long story short, I plan to get a reflash and spin er to about 7300-7500 rpm
here's where things take a terrible turn in my misfortune. the betaII's have some pretty soft valve springs.
reading through HMA service I've determined that the beta I's have some much heftyer valve springs with the same valve stem diameter and a slight change in install height...
Im hoping to install some beta I springs into my beta II head
Anyone got a beta I head opne and want to measure the valve spring OD and ID for me? Im hoping that the spring diameter hasnt changed much and all that will be required is the beta I valve retainers and perhaps some seat shims to get the correct installed height.
thank you,
Jon
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I could find out what valves, seats, retainers, etc. were used on the APE Motors BetaII for you probably. That car made over 600whp.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Oct 15 2009, 02:10 PM)
I could find out what valves, seats, retainers, etc. were used on the APE Motors BetaII for you probably. That car made over 600whp.

I dont need anything that intense. they probably used the Ferra valves and springs and retainers... requires some special machining etc. costs about a grand to get er done....
I just need something to help ease my mind when i buzz her past 7,000 rpm is all. im thinking i can make the beta I springs work for about 150 bux with all new parts and it should be pleanty more spring for my application.