Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Alternators

Old 11-30-2004, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 315cc injectors

Hi everybody... I searched the forum, couldnt find a topic about alts...

Anyway, has anybody here tried upgrading their alternators? Wouldn't it have any effect on the vehicle's electrical system?

My alt needs to be replaced and I figured if I have to, might as well get a higher current alt
Old 11-30-2004, 01:02 AM

Default Alternators

That's on my to-do list. Although I'm going to look into getting my stock one rewrapped. I have a feeling that it will end up being just as cheap to buy a better aftermarket alternator.

My headlights dim when the AC comes on, or if I really crank up my sound system.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Weirdest electricity-related thing i've noticed

Well, they DO make high amperage alternators.. the hard part is finding one that will fit the car. If you know somebody with a Sonata/Sante Fe/ or an XG, you might want to see what their alternators can do and if they are the same or a similar size.. otherwise I would suggest a reputable stereo shop to see if they can hook you up with an upgraded GM alternator... some of those can produce enough amps to kill you.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Window leaking?

i think mralternator.com can rewire them to put out more amps.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: ringtones

There you go.. nice site there too, Dweet. High output alternators, chomed and power coated as well... and while they do not list Hyundai, they say if the car is not listed, to write them. Prices do not look bad either.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: www.motorimpact.com Mussa

alts..alts... maybe we can have a groupbuy of a high-output alt sometime...

brand new alt from the dealer cost a fortune. my alt's defect was its IC-regulator and there are no spare parts of it so I settled out with an IC from a Pajero (rated at 110A) but its mounted outside... costs only 15% of the brand new alt... lol.gif

thanks