Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Air Fuel meter installation

Old 04-18-2002, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Sonata
Default Air Fuel meter installation

I' ve bought a Haltmeter and i want your help gus for the installation.First of all: It has 3 wires,1 red propably goes to power supply,1 red with black line goes to ground and 1 white goes to sensor L,at the begining of my exhaust.Till now am I correct??? Then... my sensor L has 3 different wires. How should i know which is the correct one that i should connect it with the white from the Haltmeter???? Should I use a voltometer? and how much should be the volts??? 0-1,1V????
Please guys help me.Has anyone used a same one?
Thanks Nick!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 09:46 AM

I am guessing hma webtech would have the answers you are looking for smile.gif
Old 04-18-2002, 10:50 AM

The best equipment you can have for this install is a multimeter/voltmeter. The O2 sensor sends a signal voltage from 0-1.000V depending whether it's rich, lean or stoch. By probing this wires (one at a time) with the vehicle idling should give you the correct wire. The voltage should be continously changing within a certain range during idle according to your vehicle spec. Check the www.hmaservice.com for your vehicles specs. I installed mine from Autometer easily.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

just a warning...do not use the HMASERVICE wire colors as gospel. They are frequently wrong.

probe with the multi-meter and look for a varing signal between 0-1 volts. That's the wire you want.