Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Advice On Head Build-up.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I have a 1998 tib, 2.0l with 215k on it, a 2001 tib 2.0l with 165k and a 1998 accent 1.8l (beta swapped) with 220k, all cars are MT, and they all have intake, headers and exhaust, along with other assorted bolt-ons. i know that soon enough I am going to need to do a head gasket or a head with the way that I drive them, so if I am going to have to do the work and spend the money I might as well shine it up while im in there. I want to pull a head from the wreckers, rebuild it with reconditioned or new parts and have it on the shelf and ready to go when I need it, so I dont have to scramble to get it done when I need it by monday morning. So, I am pretty sure that any head will fit all 3 engines, i know the 1.8 is a little different, im ok with that. None of these cars are going to be boosted anytime soon, this is an NA build up. None of these cras are a race car, they are all commuted in everyday, i want some power, but i dont want to rebuild it every year. I planned on taking the head to a shop and having the porting done, I was probubly going to have an IM done at the same time, but i might do that myself, either way it is going to be done with the head as a set. I was hoping to have a 3 angle valve job done and then have them and the chambers polished, I happen to have a hook-up at a shop that specializes in polishing. I wanted to get a head rebuild kit off of ebay from hublers engines, does anyone have experience with these guys? I was going to stick with 2.0l exhaust cam and 1.8l intake cams, i dont want to drop 1500$+ in a set of race cams, although I might splurge on adjustable cam gears. now, for the questions...

I wanted to have it decked down to raise the compression, just a little... whats the highest people are running on 87 octane gas? I mean running without detonation, and I dont want any stories about your dads, boss's, freinds car that he used to drive and thought about raising the compression in, i want to hear about actual members cars. How high are you running and how much did you deck it down to get there?

What are the benefits of using different heads from different motors? the only thing I think ill be finding will be early 2.0l and 1.8l's, what will be the difference in compression? I thought there was a difference in lifters between the heads, I searched and couldnt find a clean deffinition, what is the value of either parts?

I tried searching for this stuff, every thread I found where someone stated some specs, the next post argued that those figures were off, someone help me out here.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Call_to_arms84 @ Mar 12 2007, 02:23 PM)
I wanted to get a head rebuild kit off of ebay from hublers engines, does anyone have experience with these guys?

No.

What are the benefits of using different heads from different motors?

None. If you use a 1.8L head, you'll have a 1.8L cam, so you'll get those gains, but that's it from there. Other than that, you could put a beta 2.0 (Beta 2.5 = CVVT) head in it, but I don't think you'll get anything from it extra either.

the only thing I think ill be finding will be early 2.0l and 1.8l's, what will be the difference in compression?

Search. 1.8L compression has been posted and discussed.

I thought there was a difference in lifters between the heads, I searched and couldnt find a clean deffinition, what is the value of either parts?

I believe it's solid lifters or HLA's. HLA's are Hydraulic.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:09 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

1.8 and 2.0 use same head. Difference in comprassion ration is from different pistons/rods.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:30 AM

This is what I was talking about, I asked if anyone on the forum had ordered from Hublers Engines, did we apoint redz to speak for us all or did he PM everyone else in the club last night and take a consensus? Like I said it might post, I havent been able to find deffinate data on lifters between the 1.8 and 2.0 heads, well now atleast I know its either HLA's or solid lifters, that rules out magical lifters and gold lifters. Does someone have some real info on this?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Excuse me???

You asked a f***ing question, who do you expect to answer you? Should we make up a username for the entire forum and they can all agree as to whether or not we've used Hubler Engines? NO one else had answered you, so I did. I haven't used them, I've never heard of them, so that should fill out a bunch of spots. No one here speaks for the whole site, so you won't get the answer you are wanting, instead, amazingly enough, you will get personal experience from the members of this site.

You want a REAL answer, answered by each person in this website, then use the goddamned Poll option.

At least I took some time out to try to help you.

Thread closed, cause there's no reason for you to be an asshole when folks are trying to help you out.

Open another one, use the POLL feature if you can possibly figure it out. Since NO ONE here can speak for the whole site, you WILL get a multitude of answers. You don't like the answers, then take your lazy ass somewhere else.

Shithead.

Damn that pissed me off. WTF were you wanting in this thread? You posted questions, I answered the ones I knew and didn't touch the ones I didn't, but you act like that afterwards? Ugh. I'm glad I'm heading off to class.