Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

adjusting the idle how do u adjust

Old 09-01-2002, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting the idle how do u adjust

how do adjust the idle?
Old 09-01-2002, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What up bro...

There should be an adjustment screw located by the throttle body linkage. It may be housed in a small black tube w/a protective plastic cap covering the opening. Simply pry the cap out and adjust the screw to your personal preference. The further the screw is turned inwards the richer the fuel mixture will be.

Although it may give you the impression that your car seem more powerful at first it will eventually cause more harm then good. Without a set of good plugs (NGK's) and wires (Magnecore) and maybe a DIS box from MSD I would only suggest this if you are having problems idling. The richer fuel mixture will result in fouled spark plugs and excessive fuel deposits in the intake manifold which could potentially affect your engines overall effectiveness. Unless you have the parts I mentioned above installed your car's "stock" plugs simply won't burn the fuel fast enough depending on how much you've turned the adjustment screw. An internal combustion engine is inefficient enough. If you're gonna dump more fuel in it you should accomodate it with a stronger spark as well.

If you want a more responsive car w/o spending any $$$ try bringing up the "slack" in the cable(s) that runs from accelerator pedal to the throttle body instead. My cables had enough play in them from the factory to make my take-offs seem a lil' lagging. After I took up the cables until they were taught there was a noticeable difference. They adjust very similar to the brakes on a modern pedal bike. It's very easy and simple enough for anyone to do.

Hope this helps...

[ September 01, 2002, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Lethal ]