Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Acel Sensor Effect Shifting On A/t

Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good afternoon,
I recently purchased a 2000 tib, and I am having some strange issues.

The car sat for about a year, I am driving it everyday but am having a problem with the car's A/T shifting.

Could the accel sensor effect this?

I have always been more of a DSM guy but read on this forum, the Accel sensor on the Tibs are more of pre-knock sensor.

Thanks for any help
Old 04-12-2008, 03:39 PM

The accel sensor makes it run like crap if it is bad. It constantly keeps retarding the ignition timing and causing low power output and rough running. I doubt that it would affect the shifting. Change the tranny fluid first.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Could you be a little more detailed about the "problems" ?? When do they occur? Can you make it happen or make it not happen, if so under what conditions? Does it happen only when it's cold, warm, been driving for hours?

You 'recently' bought the Tib... and it sat for a year? Did you drive it at all before it sat?

The automatic transmission are notorious for dying. My first died at 62,000 miles... my second at 126,000... then I swapped to a manual.

If you want to change your fluid, either do it yourself or go to the dealer. Our cars are highly specific on Automatic tranny fluid, don't buy anything from Wal-Mart.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM

The problem is basicly I do not have high gear at all.
2000 tib, 2nd trans.
The car sat for about a year before I bought it.
I have done most of the big 3 upgrade. I have replaced the pulse generators in the trans.

The car is sometimes hard to start.
When I get to about 40mph, the car will try to shift but will just rev the engine, and drop back into 3rd.
Sometimes the car will start from a stoped position in 2nd or 3rd.
If I turn the o/d off I generaly have no problems other then no high gear. with o/d off it will not try to go into 4th.

I am starting to prepair for the fact that the trans might be going out.
I hope not, as this was mainly bought just for a work car.

I drive for about 30 min each way to work, the fastest I go is maybee 55 - 60 mph.
The weather does not seem to play a part, neither does warm or cold starts.

The next thing I am doing is checking the trans filter, and finishing the big 3 upgrade, so far, I have ran 3 new grounds, but still need to do the power to the alt, and the ground from the block.