Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

6-speed Help!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

about a week ago, i was looking through the forums and i remember coming across a post about transmissions. i have looked for the post, but i cant retrace it.

the post described the persons transmissions issue, but somebody had put up a link to the gear ratios of Hyundai transmissions. on that list there were every transmission for Hyundai's and their ratios. but there was one transmission that the list noted that was sold in Korea only, that went on the 2.0L engine that was a 6-speed.

a good friend of mine is from seoul. and he has gone back there for a couple months. and i was hoping while he is there, he could try to find me one of these transmissions and ship it to me.

my transmission's synchro's are starting to go, and my mechanic has advised me that replacing the synchro's would be about $600 including labor, but getting a used transmission and me installing it myself would be a better investment.

i am hoping that i could find the transmission code to this transmission. so i could potentially get the 6-speed and use that to replace my current 5-speed.

if anybody knows where i can find the code to this transmission or may know who i can contact to get the code, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

never mind. i found the post. thanks anyway. mods please close

never mind. i found the post. thanks anyway. mods please close
Old 05-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldn't bother. even if he could find it, the price of him getting it there, then shipping it back would outweigh the benefit of even having a 6-speed.

the biggest + to having a 6 speed in an rd series tib would be bragging rights, if you could call it that.