Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

5th injector

Old 10-08-2001, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th injector

Hey Random, my fifth injector is not fireing. I tested it out three of four times. I opened the hood as well. when the key was turned to the 2nd position all it did was viberate very litte. If yours is simple hooked up wrong, do you want the instructions that I recieved? Hope this helps. You know at first I wished I had Alpine give me the kit and install for it for $1900, now I am glad I didn't. Good luck with everything and thanks again! HondaEater
Old 10-09-2001, 03:15 AM

Screw that 5th thing, get some 440's and a SAFC NOW!!!!! oh and bigger pump
Old 10-09-2001, 03:25 AM

Hey, Each to their own. I personally don't beleive in the 5th injector idea, but maybe some one can get a 5th injector working right.
Old 10-09-2001, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Sorry, I had asked HondaEater to tell me if the 5th Injector fires off when the key is in the "On" position, but the car is not running.

I'm sure the 5th injector is firing when the engine runs... wink.gif
Old 10-10-2001, 11:38 AM

Radom
I spoke with Gavin Oleary from Alpine on the phone and he said that the 5th injector does not spray at idle.The piggyback that comes with the kit is already set from the factory so that the 5th injector can do its job!!!
With the Alpine kit that im recieving im not going with the 5th injector setup.I already purchased the 440cc from RC engineering and already have the Turbo Talon pump installed in my Tibby.The S-AFC will work perfect with the Alpine kit(under 10PSI)
Also Random and Cheuk did mention not to use the head spacer if your running under 10psi
Old 10-10-2001, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I know...I plan on yanking the head spacer when I go haltec.

They CLAIM it doesn't fire at idle...but if you take it off...it is firing. The #5 injector fires anytime the #1 injector fires. Unless they TOTALLY botched my install....

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 10-10-2001, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by Random:
Unless they TOTALLY botched my install....

So sad that this is a perfectly possible scenario. Have they ever made any comments about the shoddy job they did on the "installs" they did? Apologies or whatnot?
Old 10-11-2001, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Iago:
Have they ever made any comments about the shoddy job they did on the "installs" they did? Apologies or whatnot?

Nope...nuthin. Not a single word. They refused to comment as to why 9 psi of turbo power only gives 50 hp (vs my last dyno before the turbo and my most recent one), no comment on the 15 MPG I was getting when they handed the keys to me...no comment on the crappy wiring job, no comment on the injectors firing anytime the key is in the ON position....etc...etc..etc..
Old 10-11-2001, 05:19 AM

Originally posted by Random:
no comment....etc...etc..etc..

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Lame. All there really is to say about that. Lame.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:53 AM

I just wonder why some members still insist on ordering this set up when the one install they did on a north american spec Tib was botched so bad. They come all this way to do an install on our guru's (Random) car and then don't even do the job right! They leave things in a mess, don't seem to know what their own product is doing! That is pure bull!

Any company that does not give support to their product or even know what their product is doing is a total SHAM.
How can they not know that Randoms 5th injector is firing constantly? They built the system! How do you design and build a product that you do not know what it is doing?

My advice to those of you who are thinking of going this route is not Alpine!!!

I could be all wrong here but I haven't heard any GOOD things being said about them.

Just my $0.02.