Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

5 Speed Swap

Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so im starting to piece together the trans swap and i was wondering if any of the parts are interchangable from other cars. for example can i use an elantra trans or should i just stick to the tiburon one. ive check a couple posts but they mainly list the parts needed. any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all on this site. But you are new so it's ok. But just a heads up, it's been covered before and many of us hate repeating ourselves.

Yes trans are interchangeable, starters are not, you have to have a beta 1 MANUAL starter. Everything else should be covered in many of the swap posts.....

Oh and count your wires right!! lol
Old 03-23-2010, 03:13 PM

awesome thanks yea im sure i could have found it eventually but all of us have that lazy gene in us lol thanks again
Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

That lazy gene will not help you get the swap done. If you are motivated enough to do the research, the actual work will be no sweat. If you don't go in having done your homework, you'll be sweating it (and asking questions you could have answered before the became questions, by searching)
Old 03-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

blowup.gif

can we all lock up the spoon drawer now? Seriously this was the post: I did some checking and found posts that tell me what to do, but I would have to read them, what should I do?"

sorry about that folks, Im done now bye.gif
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 PM

you kno people go on forums to find answers and ask questions not to see smilies blow up bc someone is frustrated. also try this, ignore the ones that bother sooo much if u think about u wasted ur own time for replying and mine for not even bothering to help
Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 PM

there's a feature, it's called search. it's located in the top right, just next to help. it's pretty awesome, you type what you want to find and :O it finds it. i've used it a pretty good bit, and while the search feature in this site isn't quite the best, it still beats out no search feature. i can name about 3 people that have done the swap successfully and i'm positive 2 of them made diy's or at least checklists on what all you'd need.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yea just search for me and there should be a list!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

lol... there was a thread about this within the last 2 weeks. That's why everyone's crawling all over you.

You aren't asking for something that can be answered in one sentence. There have been several discussions about this.
Yes, an elantra engine and tranny are compatible.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

QUOTE (cookie_monster @ Mar 24 2010, 07:34 PM)
you kno people go on forums to find answers and ask questions not to see smilies blow up bc someone is frustrated. also try this, ignore the ones that bother sooo much if u think about u wasted ur own time for replying and mine for not even bothering to help

If you want to "find" answers, they are almost all there, when it comes to manual-swapping an RD. You will find that it helps to actually LOOK at it where it is.

If you can't be bothered to do the difficult things like "capitalization" and "typing the other two letters in the word 'you'" (not to mention reading the threads from those who have done this swap before), don't be surprised if nobody much wants to help.

P.S. the people who have done what you want to do, are the ones it bothers to see useless threads cluttering up their favorite message board.