Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

4-1 headers

Old 01-29-2002, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-1 headers

does anyone have any info/pics on the 4-1 headers, i keep asking bradly abotu this but he never answers me, it says manuel transmission lanos only otherwias i would have got it allready, i have an auto buy if its the one from the pics on the page it should in theory work finr as long as i leave the flex-pipe peice off of it.

does anyone have a picture of the TYPE C header???
--chris
Old 01-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The 4-1 doesn't work on the auto tranny, it won't clear the engine/tranny. it only clears on the manual.

You could TRY the 4-1 header on your auto, and try to "fabricate" up some setup that would work, but just remember, that you were warned that it would not fit, and any modifcations you do the header would void you being able to return it to SR for a refund.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well see, it should clear the engine fine, the manuel setup is similar except for the transmission part, but if the picture of theheaders in that pic is correct the manifold 4-1 part should connect jsut fine, given its the same length, ill go find a manuel lanos and measure the distance from the header to the flange below the first cat, if its in the same position and is equidistant, they should match up perfect, the top "flex-pipe" on that picture is not used, instead i would use the stock peice from the auto, which just moved slightly to the left around the transmission. can you possibly give me any measurements of hte headers , such as width length and so forth, i will measure mine to see if its the same.
--chris