Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

4-1 header

Old 08-16-2004, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Low Idle

just got it installed last night (minor problems)...ran it hard today reset ecu and what not...

this thing has had a nice increase in my power to redline...and power 3rd and up...very happy.

only problem was the 02 sensor...i had to cut the wires and soder some long wires between them so it oculd screw into the 02 bung that is up on the side of the header.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default 4-1 header

so i'm assuming you like it? do you have a cat back?

what brand header?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 4-1 header

QUOTE (Sparticus)
so i'm assuming you like it? do you have a cat back?

what brand header?

nope header to stock exhaust smile.gif

and not sure what header it is got it off Odessit Pashka.

i seriously don't know how whoever it was raun mid 16 's with CAI and full exhaust....

i think i could run high 15's (as do a lot of other people) with just a 4-1 header and a custom "WAI". smile.gif
Old 08-16-2004, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe
Default Re: Clutch question

QUOTE (KayDM)
i think i could run high 15's (as do a lot of other people) with just a 4-1 header and a custom "WAI".

Only one way to find out... :twisted:

As for the headers, I think you've got a "shortie" header... I always thought they were good for top-end power but woeful for your low to mid-range torque... especially on our cars... Have you noticed any loss of low-down power?

At a guess I would think you'd need to sort your exhaust out though... as you won't be getting the most out of your header mod with a restrictive stock exhaust.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:04 PM

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)
QUOTE (KayDM)

i think i could run high 15's (as do a lot of other people) with just a 4-1 header and a custom "WAI".

Only one way to find out... :twisted:

As for the headers, I think you've got a "shortie" header... I always thought they were good for top-end power but woeful for your low to mid-range torque... especially on our cars... Have you noticed any loss of low-down power?

At a guess I would think you'd need to sort your exhaust out though... as you won't be getting the most out of your header mod with a restrictive stock exhaust.
seriously man i don't plan on taking off the stock muffler any time soon in VA anything other than stock is illegal and around VA beach you WILL get pulled. exhaust cut out homies.

it is a 4-1 header which is known for more high end power, which is what i wanted.

and no i do not feel the loss of any low end power.

and i don't plan th run the 1/4 anytime soon...migh run the 8th but that would be up in the mountains (where my college is) my home is basically sea level...a pretty decent amount of difference performance wise.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: air fuel gauge hookup

It's the SSAutochrome "Ceramic" 4-1 header. It's the same thing I got, it works well, but looks like crap when the paint comes off.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:08 AM

QUOTE (javageek)
It's the SSAutochrome "Ceramic" 4-1 header. It's the same thing I got, it works well, but looks like crap when the paint comes off.
i wasn't worried about it. thansk though.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:33 AM

Default Re: *Updated* GB: New Zekon kit for First Gen Tib.

i dont see how that SS Autochrome 4-1 is any better than stock.. except for the fact it gets rid of one of the cats
Old 08-17-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Q about fuel

I had a cusrom header built for my car. A 4-1 with long runners (they join about 1/2 foot before de firewall). I have a 2.25in cat-back with muffler and hi-flow cat.....In my 2.0l Accent

I already had the cat-back/muffler. When i installed the header/cat, i noticed a decent lost in low-mid range. But OMG...on the highway, It was amazing. For example, I had the car for about 4-5 months, never saw the cut-off in 5 gear because I saw it comming...after the install, i hit it 3-4 times in one week. I lost a lot of torque but gained power. Overall, I am satisfied because that is what i wanted.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Re: petition to get tiburons turbocharged stock

What does your accent weigh?