Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

2nd gear bog

Old 11-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent
Default 2nd gear bog

Hey guys and gals, have a strange issue that has been happening ever since I've had my tib and figured I'd ask about it. First off, I've had my tib for almost 5 years now and it has this strange, one time, 2nd gear bog when driving. No matter how cold or warm it is, when I start to begin driving and shift into 2nd gear the car will stumble for a few seconds and then will be fine. 1st gear has no problems nor does any other gear.

I've had 2 Beta I trannies in my car in addition to the current Beta II tranny so I think I can rule the transmission out. Also, I've had 2 different motors in as well but have re-used the same senors. The only CEL I have is for a missing 02 sensor but even when I did have a functioning one, this still occurred.

It's nothing super serious to me, just was wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I tried to do a quick search but couldn't come up with anything.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Does it happen in 3rd if you skip second? Does it happen if you intentionally wind up the engine a little higher in first? Does it happen all the time or just that first shift of the day?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

Stocker:

As for skipping second and going straight into third, don't believe I have ever done that during my first drive of the day. Generally I shift from first to second around 2 - 2.5k RPM when I first start to drive for that day. I can try out winding a little bit higher tomorrow when I leave for work or simply drive a bit longer in first to see if that has any impact. It's odd that I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.. During this time I've also had the 1.8 ecu in my car and it still did it then.