Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

2001 Tuburon Se !help!

Old 07-22-2006, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, got a huge problem. My girlfreind has a 2001 Tiburon SE, Automatic. Today I decided to wash under the hood of her car. Now I know, something obviously got wet. Basically, You cant shift into gear, no reverse lights, and no turn signal lights. On the fuse panel on the driver kick panel, those 3 things & a couple transmission things r into the #9 Fuse. Everytime I replace the fuse, and turn the ignition key on, it pops it. Now, Thats the 1st part, when I bypass the shifter lock, and get it into gear, and go to drive the car. It feels as if its stuck in 2nd gear. Basically, the car feels like its hesitating when you go to drive it, starts off very slow, even if you floor it, but once your rpms pick up, it feels kinda good, but around 50MPH, its at 3500 - 4000RPM. If I put it in Park, the engine revs perfectlly fine. So I know its comething to do with the transmission. And it only happened after I washed under the hood, the car hasnt had any problems prior.

Has anyone has this ever happen 2 them before, or know what it could be. Gotta get this fixed, thanks....

I know its an electrical problem. Not Mechanical. Does anyone know if there are any electrical parts on the transmission that will cause this? On the Fuse Panel, it lists a couple other things, TCESU or something like that, anyone know what that is? I think thats my problem, where on the tranmission is that?
Old 07-23-2006, 05:28 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

No need to start 3 topics on the same question.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:46 AM

Maybe some water got into the spark coils. Check it.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Please don't use 'Leet speak", type your words out.

U = YOU

2 = To or Too or TWO.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Doublecheck all of the wire(s) and sensors that goes in and out the tranny.

Maybe some just got wet or loose