Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

As of 00:22 MDT this morning, the Haltech is alive...

Old 05-02-2002, 04:37 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As of 00:22 MDT this morning, the Haltech is alive...

Just past midnight this morning, Joel and I were able to turn the key and watch the laptop successfully connect to the E6K. All of the "important" parts of the wiring harness are connected except ignition: fuel injectors, motronic pickup, coolant temp, air temp, upstream O2, manifold pressure and throttle position.

We're still missing the ignition connection because we're waiting on a few RX7 ignition parts (trailing coils, ignitor toggle). We're also missing the idle speed control, thermofan control, wastegate solenoid and nitrous control lines. However, these really aren't "important" to making sure the unit is functional.

I'll post more pictures on HyundaiProject website either late on Friday or Saturday.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:40 AM

*drool*

Old 05-02-2002, 02:06 PM

Red,

Everything sounds good.

Which nitrous system are you running and how are you tapping into the intake... single nozzle?
Old 05-02-2002, 10:42 PM

(Imagines RED standing over his laptop with lighting crackling about him as he screams "IT'S ALIVE".)
Hey way to go RED!!
Old 05-03-2002, 12:13 AM

RED stated before that it was a direct port. He will also be using a progressive controller blah, blah, blah. He plans on intentionaly destroying a large portion of his drivline just to test the limits.
BTW Red are you going to use a fuel cell or are you keeping the stock tank. I don't remeber the NHRA rules regarding how fast your car must be in order that you add things like a cage, fuel cell, external fuel cut off, fire supression, or chutes.
Damn that would be swet if you needed chutes!!!!
Old 05-03-2002, 01:43 AM

Red is using NX

Red email me at animal3767@****spamaol.com

We have another option
Old 05-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Red

Actually, I'm not gonna use NX -- I'm using Nitrous Oxide Systems all the way. Direct port, starting with a 150 shot and may go higher depending on what the turbo is able to do and how insane I feel that day

I'm gonna do my best to run the nitrous lines UNDER the manifold, because the top of the manifold is very cluttered and will be hard to route. Under the manifold means I may be able to hide it a bit better wink

Hoping to make around 300WHP turbo-only using pump gasoline, which means I can be making around 430 at the tires while spraying on pump gas. That's not bad IMO... And if I fill up with race fuel, I'd like to be able to dyno at 550+WHP once or twice -- only to say that I can wink

I'd rather NOT make any more than 250-300WHP for daily driver use. Any more than 300WHP becomes uncontrollable anywhere below 3rd gear on the street. But if I'm already into third and need a bit more to pass that pesky SS 454 next to me wink , it's nice to have the nitrous button close by

Cheuk... Can you provide any assistance with the idle control valve? I'm TRYING to find info on this thing and simply am not having any luck. It's a three-wire setup rather than a four-wire, which means I may have to treat it as a BAC solenoid rather than an ISC motor. Damn I hope not because that's my last PWM output sad.gif

Also if you have any information on ignitors -- required or not? Onpol is telling me that he's using the DIS-2 as ignitors, but the DIS-2 unit does NOT have ignitors, it's only a channel amplifier.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:40 AM

sounds sweet. defintly have to post some pics when your done with it. and some qauter mile times. want to do my car next??
Old 05-03-2002, 04:05 AM

Red:
Actually, I'm not gonna use NX -- I'm using Nitrous Oxide Systems all the way.
My mistake,... i thought i red somewhere that you were going to pick up an NX kit

If you havent bought the NOS system, email i know a better option. wink