DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Window & Sunroof Relay Diy

Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

I got my sunroof relay working today. I don't know what happened though. I put it all back to stock made sure it worked, changed to the new relay just like you have in your DIY Redz and badabing, it worked. I love it, thanks. Also I got the fender.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:01 PM

I got the Sunroof Relay installed just fine. It was a "Plug N Play" operation on my Elantra XD.

The window relay on the other hand... that's another story.

The Window relay only operates the front two windows. The rear two windows operate as normal. No automatic up/down nor auto up when key out.

The kit only came with one relay and harness, it also came with a scotch-Loc wire tap connector. Don't know where it goes. Any Ideas?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So it works good?

The connector was probably to hook up the power. Can you show me a pic?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:32 PM

So far so good. I have included links below that show the parts included in window relay kit and the back of the packageing showing the install instructions.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/tec...1977/Actron.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/tec...77/DSC01057.jpg
Old 11-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Awesome.

PM that first one to Mad John, he can translate it for you.

From looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's just for the power.

If they are working up and down and when shut off, then it's all good.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:07 PM

Yeah, by the looks of it it does. But since I do not know Korean (nor can I find a translation OCR program to do it either) I do not know which wire to tap into. I shall PM the scan of the instructions to mad_john. Thank you for your help.

And yes. with the relay hooked up all windows go up and down normaly, only the auto functions are inop for the rear. Other than this one little item this is the easiest module upgrades I have ever done. I just wish Altron would sell these in the US, or have a english translated page 'cus everyone should have a set of these! laugh.gif fing02.gif
Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM

I fully agree.

Well, I was looking at that picture you scanned and it looks like it says 15A on that tap. So I'm just assuming there's a constant power somewhere that it wants you to tap it into.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:09 AM

I was able to figure out the wireing. I have to splice the red power wire into the orange/white wire in the relay's wireing harness to get power for the relay. Upon makeing a test wire to connect these two wires (without damageing the wires) I got the same result. Front windows operate auto up/down rear normal. With the power wire not conected front windows are inop and rear windows operate normaly.

After doing some resarch, with a vague translation of altrons's websight by worldLingo.com, I do belive I got the wrong relay set.
The relays I recived were ment for a 2 door vehicle but I got a 4.
here is a link to the relays that I believe they should have been. http://altron.co.kr/phtml/product/product-....php?pr_code=57
and this looks like the one I got
http://altron.co.kr/phtml/product/product-....php?pr_code=56

below are the sights with links to the way I saw them translated. Sorry for the long links!
http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/services/S9M7...%3Fpr_code%3D57
http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/services/S9M7...%3Fpr_code%3D56
Old 11-09-2005, 10:27 AM

Well, the wiring harnesses are different in every car, so since they fit, those are for your car. I guess there's just a different kit for all 4 windows if you want that function. It's prolly 2X as much too.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:35 AM

First off this relay set probably fits several models. In my professional experiene I have found that most manufacurers use the same body wireing haresses for their 2 and 4 door models, I see it where I work all the time.
yes. the 4 door relays are 2x as much. 128,000 won, as aposed to 68,000, wich coverts to approx $122 us.
And I would like to get that kit if possiable because I use the rear windows a lot. But I suppose I'll have to wait for the next GB?