DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Short Throw Shifter 2001+ Accent

Old 08-27-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent
Default Short Throw Shifter 2001+ Accent

I don't know if this applies to all Accents but it worked for my 03.

Credit to TWMPerformance.com

DIY

Also I found it extremly hard to remove and reinstall the clip in step 7.

What I did to remove it was start with a small precision screwdriver and step up to a full size flathead as you get each size wedged in. I used three "step ups" (precision->small flat->normal flat) If you have a dremmel use that instead.

To reinstall I used a 13mm socket and a 6in c-clamp: Put the clip on the open end of the socket and have someone hold that in place while you tighten the c-clamp on the whole assembly.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

That was also the biggest pain in the ass step for the Elantra install. That little clip sucked! Other than that, a really straight forward install and TWM's instructions are great.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

I worked forever to get that fucking clip off and then I found out I could have cut it off because it came with a new one. AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

^Haha, yeah, that and they're really cheap to pick up a couple of spares. Still a pain though. you have to work it out far enough away from the shifter cage to get a cutter on it first.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

I've bben driving with it for a few days now and I love it! The only issue I have is that the cup holders are now useless, cause when they're out the shifter rests right on them in frist, third, and fifth gear.

I bought some of thoe window cup holders from wal-mart so I just have to get used to using that instead.