DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Prs4, And Prs2 Wiring Chart For The Rd Beta I

Old 11-03-2006, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i got it to communicate good with my laptop through the usb because, yes it does need to be connected to the car to communicate. Like i said though now im back to injector pulse. could you email me your file again when you get a chance? i think it got lost on here somewhere. thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Jon is yours finally working 100%? I could never get my PRS4 to pick up my crank sensor so I never got an RPM reading on the laptop. When you wired into the two crankshaft sensors you just tapped into them at the wiring harness correct? Or did you ground one of the two connections to the PRS4 like Tim was saying?
Old 11-10-2006, 03:29 PM

ya know i was thinking the same thing and that has to be my problem. one of the pins that is supposed to be crank signal according to the diagram is grounded to another pin on the prs4. i think this is what is causing my injectors to not fire. jon any input on this would be great
Old 11-13-2006, 05:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Sorry guys, but I'm always either stuck at work or school. When I get the time off, I'll look under my dash again. But I'm pretty certain it's wired the way I have it in the first diagram. Both CPS's are wired to the PRS inputs.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:50 AM

Eric when you have the laptop pluged into the PRS4 try to run the car off of the stock ecu to see if all of your sensors are working. When doing this the laptop should show a reading for RPM's in the lower left corner if I remember correctly. On mine even when the car was in idle or I was driving around this always read zero. If it is zero then the injectors and spark plugs will never fire and the PRS4 basicly won't work. I could never figure out how to get a reading here so quit trying to install it until somebody (other than Tim) got theres working.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:57 AM

Mine works fine, and I did not use Tims wiring at all. I couldn't get it to work that way. Like I said, wire it up like I have in the diagram and it should work. You can leave the injectors and coil wires still hooked up to the stock ECU if you want and TAP the others to the PRS to get readings if you want.
I'll get that map out to you sometime today.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:39 AM

Eric did you ever get your car running on the PRS4?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:11 AM

I did not get it actually running because i cant run it in my garage right now. however i did get the injectors to pulse meaning that it will run when the time comes. i have tons of spark and if the injectors are finally working it will start. i will check this weekend and figure out what i did exactly
Old 12-24-2006, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: Tiburon 2003, 2.0

guys who have the prs's running , please send maps to me with some word about your configs.. i have a gk tib. i wired everything, every sensor works, i left the ignition and fuel pump alone . but i can't get the car to idle still. running 440cc wrx inj's and 3bar delphi(gm) map sensor..i don't know what to set to injector range. on some (ultrarich as i think settings) i got the engine to work with wide open throttle for some time)...
please send to raven@ukr.net
Old 12-24-2006, 04:15 PM

MAke sure your car is spitting out fuel at the injectors and firing before you progress to tuning the maps.
You can't use our fuel maps. You have a returnless system. I tried using Dmdicks map for just a point of reference and it did me no good. I still needed to adjust it everywhere. You are gonna need a wideband to see where you sit at idle, adjust the fuel til it hits around 14:1, then go from there around the map. Takes only a few minutes. Just worry about the lower left 4 blocks at first. Thats your idle.