Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   DIY (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/diy-46/)
-   -   Prs4, And Prs2 Wiring Chart For The Rd Beta I (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/diy-46/prs4-prs2-wiring-chart-rd-beta-i-32499/)

red97tib 04-19-2006 10:16 AM

Ok Tim I have a couple of questions,
first I'm just going to say wiring isn't my thing and I've probably should never have tried this but here goes. Your CB2 (pin 3 on PRS) you connected directly to the ground at pin 4? Are you getting correct engine temps by wiring into the harness pin 78? My car doesn't run but it gives me way high temps. How are you getting your plugs to fire? I have fuel but no spark? Sorry for all the questions.

Greg

Hyundai4g63T 04-19-2006 02:04 PM

Yes you want to short Pin 3 (CB2) to Pin 4 (SGND). If you read in the tech manual on the cd page 6 of the manual. In section 1.7 it talks about the pickups and in 1.8 it explains the reason for shorting CB2.

Here it is from the manual:

1.8 MISSING TOOTH CRANK PICKUP
Use the wiring diagram for magnetic pickup. No exitation is required. Since this type of pickup
contains the CB2 information, no other pickup is required and the CB2 input should be “shorted” to SGND (Black/White).

You should get the proper temp reading from pin 78 off the ECU, mine is a little different as I wired the temp directly from the sensor to the PRS, but as many times I have been in the actual harness and been over the wiring diagrams of the car that pin should give you the proper reading.

My coils are wired just like I have them on the diagram using the 2 pins from the ECU, and then I ran my own power from the relay, like I said if you follow the diagram and wiring I have put up there is no reason that the car will not run unless you have a gobal setting off which if your using daves basemap it will not work.

And becareful with using the stock power supply to the coils cause I ran into a issue that the coils were seeing power all the time and burning the coils up from over charging of the cap inside it, that is why I say use the relay config with the new power wire.

red97tib 04-20-2006 02:12 PM

Maybe I should start simple. What global settings do you have on and off for this set up? I also have mine changed to sequential injection hoping that would help.

Hyundai4g63T 04-21-2006 08:59 AM

No it will need to be Batch, the only way to make it Seq is to use both the Crank and the Cam Signal, and then you will have no addtional outputs left over cause each injector would get a function assignment.

Here is a pic of the global settings:

http://turboelements.com/pictures/tech/prsglobal.jpg

red97tib 04-23-2006 05:33 PM

Ok here's the update on my car. I connected the stock injector and coil set up back to the OEM. The car runs fine now so I plugged in the computer to see what readings I was getting. I am getting A/F ratio, throttle deflection and its trying to compensate the injectors. But it reads outside air temp at a constant 104 and engine temp at 70. Both are far from correct, and I get no RPM reading of any kind. I tried wiring both with Jon's and with Tim's diagram. Neither made my car run. I guess I will try this again come fall when somebody has there car running off this computer.

Hyundai4g63T 04-23-2006 10:01 PM

Greg,

Mine is running on the PRS, did you have the relays wired like I have them? You need to have everything exact like I have posted and it will run trust me. I wish you were closer cause I would wire it up for free.

red97tib 04-24-2006 09:57 AM

Tim,
I had mine the same except I was just using the stock set wiring and splicing out of it. The only thing I didn't do was wire up pin 43 to ground I connected the CB2 to ground but just left the 43 connected to the to the main harness. I'll take you up on wiring up my car for free if your serious. I can get it in AZ next fall. I've been working on it in the college parking lot and now that school is over I gota move and have it as a daily driver for my summer job.

Hyundai4g63T 04-24-2006 10:23 AM

I understand where your coming from, and yeah if you can get the car here to me in AZ I will wire it for free.

red97tib 04-24-2006 10:37 AM

Tim,
I'm going to hold you to that. I'll try to get out to AZ when fall semester starts sometime. It's only about a twenty-five hour drive to Phoenix. I'll get a hold of you come fall and we will see what happens.

Ericy321 05-18-2006 11:50 AM

Tim, did you get the base map for us? im installing the prs now