DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Power door locks the complete how to guide.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think I'm actually having the same problem.

My car came with power locks and it's doesn't work anymore. Hasn't been working for the last 2 years. Except one weird thing, it worked randomly one day last year during the winter. Just for that ONE DAY.

So I'm guessing it's fine, but something needs to be adjusted or something. *shrug* If anyone has any ideas on what it could be, let me know.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM

it could be a relay gone bad. just follow the wireing and you should find it. if not just pull out all the old stuff and install new actuators and wireing. i don't know if you guys have factory or you have aftermarket or how it is hooked up. I'd say just replace it. after you make sure you can't find a relay or power. it should be there somewhere. i'll have to wait till i get back to lajes to look at webtech and tell you where you problem is. but if you could tell me a little bit about your cars i could help you out more.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 PM

Those actuators can also go bad after a few years, especially if they weren't properly installed and are pushing/pulling at an angle, even slight.

Try working the actuator by hand and see if it's still smooth. If it's very stiff or rough, pick up one on ebay.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:02 PM

Gotta bring this outta the graveyard for a question!
I have an alarm that is equiped with programmed outputs for doorlocks. In the manual it doesnt show that i need a relay but they came with them so the question is do i need them or not. As far as i can tell i dont but i wanna be on the safe side! Thanks
Old 09-03-2005, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

It depends on the system. On most systems the relay is built into the alarm brain.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Im pretty sure it is but for some reason i still cant get them to work. I programmed the alarm but they no work! Really they dont even try! Im ganna take another look at them but if anyone has ANY advice i have an AutoPage rf-520LCD alarm and 2 wire type actuators. Anything will be much appreciated!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Start a new thread. smile.gif