DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

power door locks and alarm installation

Old 06-24-2004, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey folks,
I know there is a door locks DIY on here but its on a chevy truck.. i thought i saw another one on here but apparently it was done wrong... bent "moon shaped" rods or something...
Does anyone have a step by step (with pictures preferrably) DIY for installing power locks and 2 way alarms (with the starter disable)?
cheers
Old 06-24-2004, 10:44 AM

i had my alarm installed by a pro man.... they are said to not be that hard but im just a soph in college in electronics and man o man is there a huge ass nest of wires under my dash... i'd rather just get the free installation included where i bought my alarm. The power locks use an actuator that needs to be mounted on the inside of the door behind the cover. This actuator will connect to the rod that pushes the door lock button thingy up and down. This is only needed on the passenger side of the car though. This is all i kno bud, sorry! i really dont know of anywhere on here that has step by step instructions
Old 06-24-2004, 03:56 PM

ah a quality education your recieving in college eh?? smile.gif sorry man cheap shot but i had to take it...
i would rather install it myself and save a whole lot of cash doing it, and enjoy some quality time with my car...
theres gotta be something out there no???
thanks for your help man, anything is better than what i started out with
Old 06-24-2004, 04:04 PM

basically its wire to wire installation though man... mine has the starter disable... which is a very good option to have by the way. The door lock has i think 3 wires. hot, ground, and a wire that is like a remote wire that runs to the alarm.... sorry, im probably not helping at all but this is all i know about it
Old 06-24-2004, 11:29 PM

well hello everyone a newbie to this site but i been reading alot of past post and saw this one and just have to give a helping hand in this area since i work installing stereos and alarms and well i have a couple of questions for you (what year is your car should be and i'm assuming its a tiburon so does it have the central locking system, and what type of alarm is it brand name or who made it) with all that info i should be able to walk you through it step by by step through it and give you some pictures to help too
Old 06-25-2004, 07:05 AM

first of all.. welcome to the site... you are now part of an elite force dedicated to making all non Tiburon owners to feel bad about themselves and their cars...

my ride is a 99 tiburon... all stock.. its all manual locks.. gotta walk around to the side and open up the passenger door for the lady u know... the alarm system is a Thor 2 way...
hope this is the info you were looking for.. thanks for your help
Old 06-26-2004, 12:34 AM

okay well let me find the color codes for your thor alarm or unless you would like to just email those to me and i can tell you exactly what wires you need to hook up and i will check you wires for the cars to mine at work and let you know if there the same if so i can do a picture by picture of the wires for you if you like
Old 06-26-2004, 06:42 AM

i havn't recieved the alarm yet... i can e-mail or post the wire codes, i just have no idea when i'll be able to do it.. i appreciate your help though
Old 06-27-2004, 12:12 AM

okay well don't forget about this post i give all the colors in your car you should need and if you want to add power locks you going to need 2 relays if your alarm doesn't come with them for locks and actuator-(not sure i spelled that right) then you could do locks but more on that when you get there
pol. wire item- wire color- wire location
(+) 12volt wire-blue/red-ignition harness
(+) starter wire- black/white-ignition harness
(+) ignition wire- black/white-ignition harness
(+) parking light wire-green/white-drivers kick panel
(-) parking light wire-red- steering column
(-) door trigger-black/white- instrument cluster or you can find it at either door trigger then its a blue/light blue
(-) trunk/hatch pin-brown- instrument cluster or and trunk light

if i did pictures for you it would have to be of an 01 tiburon and the wire colors are different and so are some of the locations and yes your seeing that right there 2 black whites you need to test them with a digital meter you ignition wire will read 12v even through crank and the starter will only read when cranking i hope this help if you deicide to do power lock let me know and i get you a diagram on how to hook up actuators and if someone reads this and wants to do other stuff like this let me know and you can do remote starts on manuals too wink.gif just don't leave it in gear or make sure you e-brake works really good wink.gif i can get just about any wire diagram to do those so please just hit me up
Old 06-27-2004, 07:01 AM

woah man... this seems like more than a bit of work but i'm up to it... the ignition harness is behind the dash panels right? or am i thinking of something totally different? if it is behid the dash. anyone got any pics of how to take the dash apart?
I want to hook up the power locks to the alarm to make it keyless entry... do i need a diagram for that too?