DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

LED & Speakers...

Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Show Winner

www.superbrightleds.com

and i dont know how to wire these myself, but im pretty sure that the example you posted wont work. It just doesn't look right......But i may be wrong.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Unofficial RDTib Females Thread *pics*

it is easier to wire them in parallel (just use a 470 ohm resister before each LED). For Example...

+--------------------------
| | | | | | | |
R R R R R R R R
L L L L L L L L
| | | | | | | |
- --------------------------

(ok, this ascii pic sucks on here (double spaces dont show up right) but basically, run 1 hot lead and strip a spot on the line for each led. Do the same for the negative side.)

+ = positive, - (at bottom) = negative, R=470 ohm resistor, L=LED.

You CAN wire it in series, but you introduce a whole new problem... figuring out the resistance needed for the whole series (If you do it like you said, all the led's will be dim and depending on how many in series, might not light up at all.)

Let me know if this is still unclear, and I will edit this post or PM me.

The best place to buy LED's that I found is on e-bay (do a search for 1000 blue leds) find someone who sells them with resistors and there usually around $105 us. These guys sell all colors and also denominations of 100 leds for around $25?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: guage pillar/pods

Yeah tibby01 uses one of those guys. the prices are great plus some of them will throw in free resistors, or add them on for like a penny each.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: LED & Speakers...

They usually throw in the resistors if you do the buy it now (last time I looked, one guy was selling 1000 blue leds for $100 and the buy it now was $103).
Old 10-06-2004, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default Re: 97 Tiburon

ok that makes a little more sense?

But what did you use for a ground and where and how did you end the wire. Do you just tape of the end of it or ??????

car+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ dead end?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||
car--------------------------------------------------- dead end?

So i just solder the resistors on the postive sides of the led's and hook one wire comeing from the led to the hot side and the other to the negative.

I think i have it but let me know if i'm wrong......(now i know why i had trouble with third year physics...electricity 8O

What MCD(1500-12000) and viewing angle should i get?

JD

ps i can't get the damn ASCII to look right but i think i get the idea from above
Old 10-06-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Re: I AM SO SICK OF GETTING RIPPED OFF!

Okay...

The dead end thing... Just cut the wire (or attach the end) to the last resistor/led combo (its grounded by going through the resistor and led to the ground).

Remember... LED's have a positive and a negative side... it is possible to hook it up backwards and wont work. The positive is either the longer leg, or the thinner metal part inside the led itself.

Attach the resistor to the positive side.

mcd rating is the brightness... pick what you desire... 4k is pretty bright... 6-7k is bright... 12k is really bright. It depends what you want to do.

Viewing angle is also preference but is not that important (in my opinion) because you can either scuff the led casing or you can use something to diffuse the light.

*Note: my above reference to 470 ohm resistor was for blue and white led's... red and green take a different resistor for highest intensity.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:41 PM

Any one know a good way of getting a hot wire to the door? I can't think of a way to get it to the door and still have the wire hidden(as in when you open the door you won't see a wire hanging there or something like that). any ideas?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:31 PM

Run it through the existing rubber thingy you have on your door.
It's a PITA, but it can be done.
I helped one of the guys run his crossovers and yeah we ran some wire through there.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Thanks man, why I didn't think of that I don't know. I'm going to try and get that done tonight and post some pics of it afterwards(with my neon's and possibly do the back speakers grills to) smile.gif.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:36 PM

where can i get a source of power from my rear speakers???
i want to do this mod...but i dont know what im going to hook the hot wire up to?

do i just run the power wire to my remote wire on my amp??