DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

How To Clean Your Car

Old 03-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

*RE READ MY POST CAJ*

LOL

Humid areas like...

1. Kansas.
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Colorado (yes, they get very humid)

Haven't had those problems in any of them.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey, i forgot to mention this... For the entire year, last year, either Liquid wrench stopped making it, or the local auto parts stores stopped carying Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray. After a whole year, advanced started selling this badass stuff again! Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray! It dosn't have as much of a acidic effect on paint and it leaves everything shiney and black again! Get it while Advanced Auto parts still has it. It's back on the shelves now.

It's good stuff for the engine bay, and any black plastic/window trim on the vehicle.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Mar 3 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

100% AGREE, this stuff is amazing. I bought a 6 pack of them from a distributor in the US because I couldn't find it here in Canada. I'll put it on any vehicle that I'll ever own.

For everything else. I use the entire NXT line, well except for the glass. Gunk made an amazing foaming glass cleaner. I got a bottle of some kind of sealer from my boss. We use it all on all the company Cadillacs (Funeral Home), and this stuff is awesome. It says right on the bottle "Automotive, Boats, Aeronautical Use". Anything that can be used on a plane is good enough for my Tib. lmao.gif

Oh, and if you're too cheap to buy glass cleaner, or to help save your window tint, you'd be amazed at how well a damp chamois and a paper towel can clean a window....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcvortex @ Mar 4 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One thing I would recommend is finding a glass cleaner that does not have ammonia in it as it CAN fog up certain kinds of window tint film over time.</div>
I'm glad someone mentioned this. I haven't taken the time to read this thread carefully yet, but ammonia can and will cause discoloration of your window tint. Ever see that nasty tint that's faded to purple? Ammonia will cause that... and it doesn't take much either. If you're going to use 409 or Windex, make sure it doesn't have ammonia in it. If it does, it's fine to use on the outside, but don't let it touch the tint.

I'm always trying new "tire wet" type products to get the black shiny look to stay. I put some on the Mustang a few days ago, and even after our rain storms and parking it outside all day in the rain, they still look nice and black. I'll get the exact product info tonight and post it (if I remember)
Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ When I went to remove the window tint on my other car to have it redone (faded to purple), they suggested that I use Windex and a razorblade. The ammonia in the Windex will help to break down the glue. I use it all the time to remove vinyl as well.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 PM

Also use the NXT. but i would say never use the dish soap it will daul the finish over time.also use the armer all ultra shine and never had my windows never fog up. live in indiana near lake michigan.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Used armor all for the first time in about a month yesterday and last night i worked so that car was out and it fogged up terribly after usin armor all. I had to scrape the frost off the inside it was so bad.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

One thing I have been getting used to doing on windows is NOT using paper towel. Instead I use newspaper. It looks a whole lot better for some reason. Picked that up from the owner of the shop I work at. Try it out.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:29 PM

I use the Mr Clean Auto Dry Car Wash- it seems to be doing a nice job... then I waxed my car using Turtle Wax, but next time I wax it I'm going to use Liquid Glass instead. My father used to have a '74 Vette and he only used Liquid glass. According to him, after you put it on, let it bake on for awhile, and then buff it in... after 5 different applications (different days of course haha say once a week?) it becomes a super-strong clear coat on your car- My dad said once he had a cat jump on the hood of his car (lived in Queens at the time)... the cat let it's nails out, and slid across the entire hood- left not a scratch. laugh.gif
I'm also a fan of Meguiars anything... they're a very good company.
laugh.gif
Old 03-30-2008, 03:34 PM

What about this:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqbMqCua-w

notworthy.gif