DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Easy Led Lights for Plate

Old 11-23-2004, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A Soldier Story - Must Read!

Easy, fast..
24. 5mm White Led, 15°, 10000mcd, 3.5V
24. Resistors (420 Ohm)
driller, solder, a a little of patience wink1.gif

Prepare the leds with their own resistor then:
Drill 12 holes in both plate lights, like this, i used led housing so drill for 6,5mm:

I already replaced the 5w lights with the led one, but light was too weak.. but now it's a lot brighter...

solder in the best way you think (by logic, of course) until you get ou twith only 2 wires to gran the +12v from the same wires you already have there.

That pix was taled in the middle of the work... kust to give an idea

not so difficult as mod, nor really effective 'cause led still to much directional (with lights) but: as you know, no more burned lights, less comsuption, cracking and waterproof...

That's the view a like most:

...really 10 times brighter... wink1.gif
Old 11-23-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Re: OP.

That looks sick..... Wonder how it would look w/ other colored leds
Old 11-23-2004, 04:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Easy Led Lights for Plate

very cool!! just might have to do this one eventually.

would one of the products here do the trick though??

edit: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01tibby341)</div><div class='quotemain'>That looks sick..... Wonder how it would look w/ other colored leds</div>

I'm betting other colors might be illegal though because it would be hard to read the plates then.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: LOL - autozone/advanced auto people...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>would one of the products here do the trick though??</div>

well i know about that site but they ask 30US$ only for shipping to me.. 02.gif

if you mean about led alogen bulb replacement, i think they light up really weak instead of real alogen lights.. the only way i can think about that is having somekind of Altezza lights, so the housing are smaller and maybe the lights give more ligh out..

if you mean about the led replacement only for the 5W bulb.. i already tryed with one 10mm led and then again with one with 4 3mm white leds... both case the light was not sufficient for my point of view... so that i decided to put 12 led each..

(BTW. it is only a matter of "distances" for me, if i were on US territory i'd like try those led bulb repl. too because they are not so expesive after all...)
Old 11-24-2004, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC
Default Re: ok.. run this by me one last time

what happened to the pics?

nevermind I see them now :roll:
Old 11-24-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: RDTiburon Test Site

My lights have basically that same look. All I am using are the Varad Pro 194 series bulbs. They are bright as shit. I have them in my dash also (only red) and they are bright enough to make the needles glow. I'll try to take some pics later.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Alternators

I know in Italy they are pretty strict about modifcations to cars... you have any problems at all with the Police there over the brightness of your plate lights? Those are VERY cool, I think I found a new project.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Re: airram compatible strut bar?

true. but i think they would not blame me to let them read the plate better than before wink.gif

and for real, they won't say anything because this mod doesn't disturb anyone.. always preferable instead of a burned light imho...

by now i'm working again with leds to made a custom rpm gauge like this.

(21 leds, 16blues/5reds) the only problem is check the datasheet of italian/european specs about dashboard etc. because colour and positions of wires are completely different... hope to write a new thread about that asap)