DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY - Tachometer/Shift Light

Old 07-23-2004, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default DIY: LED Window Switch Mod

I bought a shift light from SummitRacing.com. The one I bought is part# PRO-67005C (black) and is available in Black, Silver, Red, and Blue.

This is a pretty simple installation. The light will have three wires coming out the back, red, black, and green. You will also see two loops, a orange one and a brown one. You will need to clip them and protect the ends, this is needed in order to use with 4 cyl engines.

Red and Black are obviously, power and ground. You will route them to a power and grounding source. The Green wire is the signal wire. There are several spots to wire it to, the easiest is behind the gauge cluster.

<span style="color:#ff0000">Disconnect your battery</span>, and remove your dash and gauge cluster. On the left side is a white plastic plug with several terminals on it, if you pop it out you can access the wiring behind it. You will see either a white or cream colored wire, that should be the one you want to wire the sensor wire to.

After all is wired up and the shift light is mounted, replace the dash and gauge cluster. Hook your battery up, and test it out.

You may want to temp install the gauges first to do test the wiring.
Here are some pictures of mine installed.

<span style="color:red">NOTE: I Will be redoing this mod tomorrow and will take better pictures.</span>

Enjoy your new light!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:58 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: ok.. run this by me one last time

Bump

Where's the pics, huh?...lol
Old 10-14-2004, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Military roll call

Good point Java.

Any new problems with the new light?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Finally picked a goal....

that is helpful, cuz i want one, but alot of ppl think they are real ugly, i almost wanna start a poll....
Old 06-11-2006, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

Redz, seen you installed a shift light. Any pictures where you installed yours. I rememeber you saying previous you had some kick ass small one. Going to be installing mine in a few days after I get my new rotors on. PITA by the way, bet you heard that before. Gotta get to a machine shop tomarrow.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:08 AM

Actually, as long as you can get the dash off, the DIY for the shift light is awesome. Ido need to do a writeup on it.

As for rotors, those are EASY, as long as you don't have captives.

LOL
Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

Captives hmmm let me think, ummmm yep damnit. So I got my junkyard looking into what I can use to do a non captive swap. I was told before that the 00-01 tibs were swapable but in IL there aren't to many tibs driving around so its hard to find one sitting in a junkyard around here. Low on cash so can't get a set selling on here yet. Was hoping to find something in my junkyard. They have a few elantras can those swap redz??

Yeah so how bout that writeup, w/ a few pics? Thanx man....
Old 06-12-2006, 10:52 AM

Yeah, they should swap from elantras too.

You should just buy a set from Faithofadragon, he's got like 3 sitting at his house right now.

I'll do a basic writeup soon.