DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy Struts And Springs

Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Here is a DIY I created after installing my new springs and struts. As always, please let me know if something is unclear or if I left a step out or got something backwards!!! Hope this helps some RD folks out! smile.gif

Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so is there any diy conserning the springs? I tried the search engine but had no luck, or just dont know how to use it... i just ordered some springs and i'm planning on installing them my self, i know how to install the front ones.. kind of... but the back ones i have no idea, please give me some info.

thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 07:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

The rear's are pretty much the same as the front. Just remember to use the old bump stops and such when you install your new springs. Get on Webtech, that will help a lot. Crack the nut on the spring perch but dont remove it until you have the whole spring assembly out and the spring compressors in place. Thats all I can think of thus far. I did a DIY for this but have lost all the info, sorry. 02.gif

If you have any other Q's, post up, members will help you out. Or send me a PM. Good luck with the install. fing02.gif
Old 06-25-2006, 10:28 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I did a DIY on it a few months ago. It shows how to do a rear strut, which is a bit more difficult then the front. I left out the spring compressor part because there are alot of ways to do it.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=14418
Old 03-03-2007, 12:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

What a great DIY!