DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY Mesh Grills

Old 09-07-2004, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Running Subs

00Tibby
GREAT job!!!! It turned out nice.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Custom Sub Box

thx, it really is a nice and yet cheap mod! cost me 3 bucks and ill the back ones later this week. ill post some pics then.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Re: sc2 body kit

ha try putting grill mesh on a club gtr front that is already put in the car.

i will get pics of it but i used 3 bolts ... some what un noticble in hte middle section and in the top middle i had to use black coak that stuff was such a mess , especially in the rain in hte middle of the street
Old 10-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: more advice from pros... =)

Thanks Joshuwa! Thanks to this post, wait until you see what I've got in mind. Oh boy oh boy...

so you think a glue gun oughtta hold? i have pleeeenty. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

i will put a grill behind my formula 2 bumper, spray it black, carve the words "Formula 2" onto a flat surface, spray the carving onto the grille. what do you all think?

would the grille be better off in red with white letters or black with white letters?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:07 PM

i was about to do this until i tested the aluminum gutter guard against a high velocity blowdryer cold air. it interrupted and reduced the airflow by half.

my question is, wouldn't this mesh stop or get in the way of air from coming in the grill and lessen your engine's breathing?

i might not do this. i would think it would be better without one as more cooler air at higher speeds enters your engine quarters cooling it off and going out.

somebody, please confirm this.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

True... on a N/A car, I don't see it messing with things too much. The radiator should get more than enough air-flow to cool things down. If your running an intercooler, however, these things are a bad idea. Both because the intercooler is going to get less airflow, and the radiator is going to get even less than if it was just the intercooler there. I have those little mesh thingies off my stock Tibby anyway. I don't even think they look that good, but thats just me. Maybe if your all-show, little go then this is a good idea.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>True... on a N/A car, I don't see it messing with things too much. The radiator should get more than enough air-flow to cool things down. If your running an intercooler, however, these things are a bad idea. Both because the intercooler is going to get less airflow, and the radiator is going to get even less than if it was just the intercooler there. I have those little mesh thingies off my stock Tibby anyway. I don't even think they look that good, but thats just me. Maybe if your all-show, little go then this is a good idea.</div>

thanks hamhead. always give good feedback. thank's a lot. i was thinking more or less the same thing. but i never got the point of meshing. i was sifting through my ferrari books and found that instead of mesh, ferrari just used grill covers for attraction, much like 2001 tiburons have between the lights. personally, those would be neat in chrome or something... thanks a lot!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:44 PM

i think ferrari is able to put grils in the front since they have the engine in the back, i know cars like the buggati Veyeron take in the air from the top and back, like heres some examples what i mean.

taking in air from the front creates an extra long way for it to travel inside the car, so im asuming moreso of the air gets taken in from other areas not all the way up front.

Notice the huge gril in back for example

Heres another pic of the same model just dosent have the grill in the back, im thinking these cars have alternate feeds of air, probably from close to the ground under the chassis where theres more cool air. Notice also on the sides of the glass there are two long grills (or at least thats what they look like)

the front has two small grills in the corners, probably just lead the air to the back.

this older one has a huge gril in front sinec thats where the engine was

Old 02-05-2005, 09:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was about to do this until i tested the aluminum gutter guard against a high velocity blowdryer cold air. it interrupted and reduced the airflow by half.

my question is, wouldn't this mesh stop or get in the way of air from coming in the grill and lessen your engine's breathing?

i might not do this. i would think it would be better without one as more cooler air at higher speeds enters your engine quarters cooling it off and going out.

somebody, please confirm this.</div>

I have a mess-like front grill but it hasn't hurt me performance wise at all..as long as air gets in there, you'll be fine
Old 02-05-2005, 10:45 PM

Cyber depends if your intake is behind it or not, i mean like if you still have the original airbox it would make stuff even worse.